• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who will be leaving if this becomes a pay site ?

B
Nov 28, 2007
Where ? Any suggestions ? We better figure it out now so hopefully no one is left out in the cold . Thumper talk has a HAWK section.

I
Jan 4, 2008
Palmer AK.
Depends on the price. If its only $10. or $15 a year I,m staying The knowledge on this is is by far the best that I have found and that's only like two esspresos I would need to for fit for a full year of surfing and posting. And lets think about how much we spend on our Hawks hell in some places that three gallons of gas. Just my 2 cents. Lets here from every one else.;)

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Peaple dont like change

even if its sometimes for the good. Not saying snowest charging us is that.
Ive always liked the wild west style of snowest, but they do need to make $$ 10.00 a yr isnt going to break anyones bank, so I will most likely payup..
Im more interested in seeing what they have in mind with their mall. If they go down the road of Thumper talk selling from their own store then thats a different story..Ill have no choice but to stop advertising and boycott.
I belong to KTM Talk as a liftime member it was 100.. but its the best 100 Ive ever spent ... Give it some time you may find that it becomes benificial.

Last edited:
S

snow hawk gal

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
coming from experience...

I was part of the whole dot.com bubble growing and breaking. I think they should really promote a product line for SNOWEST products. We are all members and love running into eachother. If they sold things with their logo everyone would buy it and it would pay for any bandwidth issues that all of our usage would possibly cost.
I use to design websites and website hosting just like this. I am sure everyone has seen the James Bond series on TNT and branded stuff from the Cartoon Network, etc. etc. I helped design programs on the internet that financially supported these tv promotions. They made insane amounts of money selling branded products even on a seasonal basis.
By simply creating simple things things to sell that was a banner advertisement on the side bar during all of the Forum posts would drive a serious amount of revenue to the site. Not only would it do that it would bring new people to their magazine by everyone wearing their logo and by doing that we all become advertising for this awesome place to share ideas, and information. >>>> SO NO THANK YOU ON A FEE>>>>> Things like facebook don't charge and they are much more user friendly. The only reason people are on here is not because of functionality it's due to simply being able to contact certain groups of people. That can easily be done on other sides. I strongly feel Snowest needs to do some serious marketing of their product and find other ways to drive revenue streams rather than tap into the pockets of people for something they can get free anywhere, why not come up with creative new ideas that will make us want to be a PART OF SOMETHING>.... A part of the SNOWEST GROUP by selling us things (hats)(coats)(sell vintage snowmobile photos)>>>>> so guys those are my thoughts....

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Hey guys, read the letter in the announcements forum, There is alot of good stuff that will be available that is well worth the $10 a year. Just the emergency notification system is worth the money to me. Don't let the naysayers drag us down. We have a great group here, lets not loose it. Besides you will still be able to view and post here for free, If you don't want all the extra stuff.

G

Get Lucky

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
Zimmerman,MN
It is not a if it is a when and I'm out

Looking forward:

With over 36,000 members on SnoWest, we know that there will be some, for whatever reason, who will choose not to join with us and support the forum as it moves forward. For those members who choose not to participate with a full membership, all is not lost. While they will not be able to fully enjoy all of the coming upgrades and enhancements, neither will they be locked out.

SnoWest will have 3 categories of members in 2010.

Guest:
* Will have the ability to see all the forums and read a portion of all the threads
* Will be able to READ SwapMeet Forum
* Will be able to READ the SnowSafety Forum
* Will be able to READ the SnowMembers Forum

Basic Member:
This level will be completely free. Members here will have all of the privileges of a guest, but will also get:
* Full posting ability in the SwapMeet forum, the SnowSafety forum, and the SnowMembers forum
* Limited posting ability in the other forums
* Limited ability to read other topics and forums
* Private Message Capabilities with limited storage

Premium Member:
All of the above privileges, plus:
* Unlimited viewing and posting privileges across the forums
* Unrestricted private-message capability
* Unrestricted access to all of the new features (chat rooms, treadmill, live-topic, etc.)
* Instant-Messenger
* Personal Blog
* Photo Albums
* "My Garage"
* Polls
* Enhanced Search Engine
* Social Groups
* Invitations to meetups and group rides
* ... And MUCH MUCH more!!!

A Few More Goodies

In order to attract high-quality members who are as passionate about snowmobiling as we are, SnoWest Magazine has agreed to run ½ and full page ad in most of the print issues They have also agreed to let us run contests for articles to be published in the magazine from our forum members, and we might even begin to see some of the best photos from our forum members appearing in futures issues of the magazine!

From time to time we’ll be seeing the editorial and publishing staff drop in on threads here and there, or show up at one of our forthcoming SnoWest member's rides.

We are also exploring the idea of a “one paid membership per household” policy. That means we would offer your spouse and your children free memberships to the forums as long as you stay current. We haven’t finalized any details around this yet, but we’d like to make a serious effort to reach out to lady riders and the upcoming generation (our kids). Getting our wives, sisters, daughters and girlfriends out on a sled next to us would likely do more for this sport than anything else. And, quite frankly, we need to start growing this sport again!

You can also look forward to SnoWest Forums taking on a greater role in becoming an advocate on the core issues affecting our sport, such as Avalanche Education and Land Closures.

So What’s The Cost?

A 12-month membership to the SnoWest Online Forums will cost $29.95. However, we recognize times are tough for a lot of people right now, so we’ll be doing a few things to keep the subscription affordable:

All Current SnoWest Forum Members:

·1 Year Forum Subscription: $14.95/yr, 50% off (thats just 4 cents a day)

·2 Year Forum Subscription: $12.50/yr, 58% off

·3 Year Forum Subscription: $9.99/yr, 66% off (Only 3 cents a day!)

AND with any paid forum membership you qualify for either a SnoWest or SledHeads magazine subscription for only $14.95!

Free Membership Extensions:

For every person you refer to SnoWest that enters your user name when they join, your account will be credited with 3 months free membership. Recruit 4 members a year, and you will pay nothing for your next year's subscription!

Now, before you go running off into the woods howling at the moon, gnashing your teeth and wrenting your clothes over this, you should know that we intend to put the subscription revenue to extremely good use.

Supporting Snowmobiling:

A portion of every membership fee received at SnoWest will be set apart to create a fund from which donations will be made to organizations that are dedicated to supporting the sport of Snowmobiling. Organizations such as SAWS, Blue Ribbon Coalition, ARRA, American Avalanche Association, ect.. will all be available for you to choose from as a recipient of your contribution.

Premium Features