• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 zr 600 help

C
Jan 23, 2008
Duluth, MN
2000 zr 600 help

My roommate just bought a 2000 ZR 600. It came with Black Magic Twins. It is an EFI, so it has Black Magic's chip. It has a clutch kit but I'm not sure on the specifics there. This is his first sled and we have been playing around with the rear suspension a little bit. Has anyone screwed around with different rear skid set-ups for this sled? Any information about the sled would be great. We have also heard good things about an offset timing key on this sled. If you have any knowledge to share about this sled please reply.
thx chris

Last edited:

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
I had a Powder Special 600 with a 2 degree timing key. It ran great, had PSI single, v force reeds, and had cut the head 0.020. For fuel management I used a fuel regulator and a liquid filled gauge. I tried the PSI chip first and never seemed to run right. Was one of the best running sleds I ever had. Another good mod was doing the ZR suspension mod, made that thing really float in the pow. But where he has a short track I dont know what to tell you on the rear skid. You should probably try Hard Core Sledder as there are more flat landers there.

Sprocket

Premium Features