• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No Spark on 1994 583

P
Dec 1, 2008
Kimberley, BC
I have an old 1994 Skidoo 583 and I am trying to get it going for my son. It was working when I parked it last year but it would seem that this year there is no spark. The key was broken off in the ignition over the summer (kids huh) so I am thinking it is not working. Can you bypass the key? If this can't be done any suggestion with the key issue.

Any other suggestions on what to look for? I have had sleds forever but electrical is not my strong point. Thanks in advance.....

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Based on what you are saying I can assume the sled has sat outside during the off season. Rain?? I would start checking the obvious like the tether kill, new plugs and the wiring under the handle bar pad. You can also unplug the tether kill switch to eliminate it. You need to make sure it's not sticking. Make sure there are no cuts in the wires. After this I would be suspicious of moisture causing a bad ground somewhere. You might have to check under the stator plate for a good ground.

Keep us posted and let us know what you find.

Dave

Premium Features