• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Deer hunting

JFro50

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2009
Hamburg, MN
Anyone shoot any deer? I have seen a couple big boys at 3 hundred yards(slug hunting) but thats it.

Borderstaff

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul MN
I shot a doe opening morning and an 8 pt around 5 on Saturday. We had all 6 tags filled by 8am on Sunday morning (4 does and 2 bucks). We thought about staying later on Sunday to fill one of the extra tags we bought but the rain stopped us. It was a good year - everyone saw at least 3-4 deer within range. They are already all cleaned, packaged and divided up. Now onto finishing the outside of my garage before the snow and cold - I still have to side it and put on the garage door.

T
Mar 3, 2008
burnsville mn
Bagged this 10 pointer Mon morning, about ten minutes after I sat down. Down by Wabasha
DSC01319.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01321.jpg
[/IMG]

My brother got this 8 pointer Fri morning. His first buck. About 400 yards from where I got the other one. Did the deer a huge favor, another hunter in the area gut shot it about an hour and a half before, wasn't pretty or fun to dress, some clowns just lob lead and don't think about the consequences. that is why the deer is laying backwards like that in the pic
DSC01322.jpg
[/IMG]

At least half dozen others came out of the same area on opening weekend Sun.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
My brother got this 8 pointer Fri morning. His first buck. About 400 yards from where I got the other one. Did the deer a huge favor, another hunter in the area gut shot it about an hour and a half before, wasn't pretty or fun to dress, some clowns just lob lead and don't think about the consequences. that is why the deer is laying backwards like that in the pic

I live just west of Wabasha and that seems to be the prevailing method for taking deer in SE MN....always a pray with lead in the air.

Makes me glad I don't hunt down here.

Premium Features