• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Damn .. Snow is here

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
And my machine isnt done yet..Ski areas opening up the next few days 4ft at Baker.. looks like snow the rest of the week..Hopefully it sticks around and Ill be riding next week...

M
Jan 22, 2008
Baker opens tomorrow Nov 12

5 ft now talked to some sled buddies that have been riding said today was great but still a lot of rocks around the meadows, not hawk friendly yet but I was contimplating going tomorrow, boggy boardin yesterday in Kona 8 ft waves almost as exciting as hawkin.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
You guys SUCK, its gonna be at least another week before my hawk is back together and maybe by then there may be enough snow for a ride somewhere.

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
Guys have been hitting Revy for 3 week-ends now... Going up the trail with their trucks and unload where snow is...

4ft at the Cabin and just wonderful up top apparently... DAMN ! ... Another 2-3 weeks before I get mine together, waiting for Kustom parts !!! I share your pain OffRoadRider and CJ !!!

Might be a good thing not to go out that early, "Jesus forgives, Rocks don't". I've seen that in the back of a Redneck truck last week. (Oh btw, I'm just TRYING to convince me that It's better not to go ride... which my mind doesn't agree with at all...!)

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Looks like an early season for sure..a snowmobile show this weekend screws me on getting my hawk done..otherwise it would be road ride for trials and tuning..
Im for sure going to have some jetting issues, Ive disconected the attac system from the pol. since there is no aibox.. Dont even have a clue on where to start.. any ideas?? anyone ever pull the comp system from a 700 polaris??

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
last year the trails opened dec 15th but we had no snow! we had a huge dump second week of november and it was looking good till it all melted a few days before the trails opened! i am so jealous of the western states with public lands!!! anyone wanna buy a bike shop?

I
Jan 4, 2008
Palmer AK.
Just pick up all your inventory and come to Alaska. We have snow but not nuff to ride yet. 5 day forcast shows snow three of the five days but doubt that we will have nuff to ride.:mad:

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
i guess the only good thing about our trail/roadway system is that we only need 6" to ride!!! i laugh when you guys have snow over my head(5'9") and you still need more to ride!!!

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Hopefully some of you have ahd a chance to get out.. I went a little back wards on my build by changing to Mukunis.. most everything that I had already done had to be moved to make more room.. frustrating.. then drilling a 3/16 hole threw my thumb last night sucks a bit.. a few more working days should do it..

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
who cares about the build,im with sledr2! lets see the thumb!

last summer i was using a snap-on or shall i say snap-OFF thread chaser....darn thing stuck a inch and a half into my forearm when it snapped off...ill show you the scar at hawkfest!

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
who cares about the build,im with sledr2! lets see the thumb!

last summer i was using a snap-on or shall i say snap-OFF thread chaser....darn thing stuck a inch and a half into my forearm when it snapped off...ill show you the scar at hawkfest!

Im feeling lucky this am.. the bit broke, went in one side and out the other.
I yanked back and pulled it out instantly.. spurting blood all over the place..
Once the swelling goes down I dont even think it will leave much of a scare..
hurts like hell though.. makes it hard to cram those big carbs in...I better get the jetting fairly close, working on this thing in the bush will be a P.I.T.A..

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
... then drilling a 3/16 hole threw my thumb last night sucks a bit..

Hahahahaha !

THE SAME FREAKING THING HAPPENED TO ME LAST YEAR as I was swearing at my "Torque limit-her" (R.I.P.) (when I say it limits "her", I mean the Hawk), SAME SIZE 3/16" DRILL BIT !!! My nail got shredded, became black and eventually fell...

Accidents like that sucks so bad... I seem to hurt myself more when I'm WRENCHING these machines than when I'm on them... Cutting myslef on the water jet parts is something I'm pretty good at...

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
getting hurt is never a good thing...my 1st thought is "how am i gonna ride now?!?!?!?" hope you heal up quick! my thumb is throbbing just thinking of how bad that must hurt

M
Jan 22, 2008
Sunday Season opener

HOpe your ready big D, friends are coming over from Colville Motorsports for Sunday monday ride they are going to be testing some new Revs, should be good expecting another 12 inches tonight and snow the next five days 2500 ft level

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
A little teaser of what Revy had to offer last weekend...

Eastern riders don't click on the link below :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSkTNTzubyM

That's a vid guys posted of last weekend in Revy. See how light the snow is, it's like dust. That's some fluffy stuff right there, it can't be better of a texture than that. Typical Revy snow. Maybe a foot and a half deeper would be even funnier for a 14" by 150" tracked Hawk...

I absolutely need to get my machine together now... Will throw some hours at it this weekend that's for sure...

Premium Features