• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ZX chaincase in S-2000??

R
Sep 4, 2009
I have been reading that a ZX chaincase is a good solution for bigger track lugs. I have read you gain about a half inch.

Does any ZX case work or is it only certain years/models??

Anyone know??

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
I just picked up a zx chaincase off ebay with everything for $15 out of a 02 MXZ. I think they were all the same. I am going to try it since it is tight on my sled with the 9 tooth drivers and 2.25 track.

R
Sep 4, 2009
It looks like a longer case would be ideal in the S-2000 as a drop and roll seems like so much work for such a small gain. Extending it in the stock position seems like it would be the perfect combination of moving the drivers backward and down. Please post how it turns out if you would.

How are you getting a 2.25" lug in there now??

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
My sled has the chaincase dropped and rolled as far as you can go and not move the jackshaft inside the tunnel. I plan on mounting the zx chaincase where my rolled chaincase is at the top and just drop it the additional amount down. I will probably have to make a shield for the chaincase on the bottom.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
My sled has the chaincase dropped and rolled as far as you can go and not move the jackshaft inside the tunnel. I plan on mounting the zx chaincase where my rolled chaincase is at the top and just drop it the additional amount down. I will probably have to make a shield for the chaincase on the bottom.

Cool, do you have to change the jackshaft or driveshaft to get the zx case in there? Are they different than the S Chassis shafts?

Wildcard28

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
I have been told you need to change the lower bearings and seal from the S-2000 chasis chaincase to keep the the stock driveshaft. If not then you will need a zx chasis driveshaft. The jackshafts are the same except on the clutch side where the zx is splined and the s is keyed.

R
Sep 4, 2009
I have been told you need to change the lower bearings and seal from the S-2000 chasis chaincase to keep the the stock driveshaft. If not then you will need a zx chasis driveshaft. The jackshafts are the same except on the clutch side where the zx is splined and the s is keyed.
Any progress??

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
I decided to hold off on doing the project until the off season. I have all the parts but I am to busy to change it all right now. If I have problems with clearance after riding the sled then I will start the project but I think it will work just be tight for the 2.25 track.

Premium Features