• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

under tunnel exhaust ?

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
So I have read lots of posts on this BUT
WHAT IS THE BEST LOCATION TO END THE EXHAUST
09 Nytro MTX: Vector Excel header and a micron silencer
hung the silencer from the stock metal support and it dumps real close to the flap?
concerned about running in the powder

F

Fuken

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 28, 2007
Nuck
My Hindle terminates about 8-10 inches from the flap, elbow facing down, and I've never had a problem with it clogging in the deep stuff. I was prepared to make a snow block/guard for it but never had to.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Mine dumps right where the seat mount is. I was planning to go further back but it wasn't working how i planned. I don't think it will be a problem that short but it is a little loud. The BEST i think would be to incorporate a U pipe and dump the exhaust going towards the front of the sled.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Mine dumps right where the seat mount is. I was planning to go further back but it wasn't working how i planned. I don't think it will be a problem that short but it is a little loud. The BEST i think would be to incorporate a U pipe and dump the exhaust going towards the front of the sled.

would not recommend the u pipe pointing the exhaust forward....tried it and rode back to truck to cut it off after 10 miles. we got a bunch of snow and i just rode the sled a week ago and it is very loud for the rider. The sound just resonates in the tunnel very annoying. Just my .02

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Ah never even thought about the sound. I bet it does get loud lol. So id say basically anywhere past where the drop brackets are you should be good.

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
pipe dump location?

I rode two years without the dredded bog problem until last year. Riding the Haines summit on one of those Blue Bird days with neck deep bottomless powder and it started happening. This was not the dry sugar powder but Western powder that has some water content......it flat would not run for more then 15 feet without choking off. Let it set for 2 minutes and it would run another 15 feet until the tunnel was so clogged and there was no way for the fumes to escape....over and over until we got to a little shallower powder 3-4 feet and it was fine the rest of the day. The point is IT WILL HAPPEN eventually if you have an under tunnel dumping exhasut. You can't get around on those deep deep days when the whole sled is submarining through 6-8 feet of bottomless powder...there is just no where for it to go unless it's going out the back behind you or out the side of the tunnel. Keep this in mind as it makes for some ****ty deep digging when you can't get the ***** to hold rpms without choking out!
I have a deflector in front of the outlet and it still did it, I will be running it out the side this year to alleviate this problem in the future! I love those crazy deep days and DON'T like being the dog in the bunch because of a few lbs of exhaust pipe weight! Take this as a piece of advice from thousands and thousands of miles in the back country of Alaska.
cheers!

S

Swelly

Ok, that it. I will run mine straight out the back and through the snow flap. Just joking. Will probably build in a turn down. Actually do have a friend getting ready to do it on his Vector. When done I will try and post some pics.

Premium Features