• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex MNT secondary spring recomendations?

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
Stock non boosted with lower gears, PC 162 track shockwave helix.....what spring works the best in the stock secondary to create a snappy back shift...this one I got from Outlaw and has 1000 miles on it. I want to try another option? Some guys were talking about AC yellow or green....something to that effect?

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Artic cat yellow, red, or green but green is a bit stiff for a N/A sled i would think.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i'm assuming yellow is softest then red and green are more stiff?, i;m also looking for a secondary spring, running shockwave straight angle on yammie secondary. 19/40 gears 162 2.5 camo extreme, about 90 lbs of weight shed off.

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
secondary spring

I was told by another Yamaha guy on TY that the yellow is the best....green is to stiff for non boosted applications. I'll be going to the yelloe twisted up as tight as I can get it by hand.....I'm also having Val Simons machine my shockwave so it'll shift out all the way.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
ok, i was reccommend by ulmer racing to run a white yamaha attack spring, would this be about the same? wat are your thoughts on primary spring, just run spring directly according to elevation? i'm running supertip X series weights to fine tune weights to optimized for the weight loss and get some harder shifting with the x series. wondering if running the X series weights will influence what primary spring to go with, lastly does anyone have reccomendations on where to place the washers on super tips? i was thinking running almost equal weight except more is towards the bottom of weight.

Premium Features