• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex A-arm replacement

S
Nov 26, 2007
Cowtown, AB
I need to replace the a-arms on my Apex and wanted to hear if anyone could provide some opinions on the options out there. How are the Timbersled front ends holding up? Are there any issues with the ball joints wearing out?

I'm also considering MPI's cromoly arms and Hartman's cromoly arms. Anyone got any experience with these?

I want to keep the stock width so Hartman's may not work as, I believe, they increase the width from 39 to 41".

My preference is to keep the stock spindles to save a few $ ('bout $300 cheaper than timbersled) and because I can use my stock a-arms as spares. I'd like to think I'm all done smacking the odd tree but I doubt it!

Any other options out there worth considering?

Anyone got some stock blue ones laying around in Alberta?

Thanks,

Shawn.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i have truly been amazed at how well my timbersled front end has held up!. i have yet to teak it and i've already tweaked the stock front end once, and i've tweaked my timber rear suspension twice now. i'd buy em again in a heartbeat. you might wanna check out west coast sleds, they build a front end nearly identical to timbersled, but i think their machined spindle may be stronger.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Cowtown, AB
Thanks guys, I had not heard that z bros or alternative impact was doing apex front ends. I was relying on the Snowest Mod magazines and web pages for ideas. I don't really know either of these outfits; I'll look into them. I'm staying away from the Ti stuff as it's pricey.

I'll give them a call and see if I can get any info/pricing. Anyone with experience running either, even if it's on another machine?

Thanks, Heath, I've had good luck with MPI products in the past.

l8r Shawn.

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
We've done a bunch of z-broz front ends on Nytros and all have been a top notch product-they are suspension experts-its all they do and they have been doing it for many years-we waited 2 seasons for the Nytro front end because they won't release anything until its perfect. Rest assured that the Apex front end will have the same R&D and attention to detail behind it as all of their products do!

curt

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Y

Yamaha_nisse

Sep 20, 2008
For me Barkbuster was the only way out.
To spend 500$ on some lightwight Arms seems to me pretty dumb, when you still have the spindles that wiegh a frekkin' ton!

I'd like to have the West coast setup, but due to WAY TO LOOOONG time before they are finish I went with timbersled.
Also their new All-round spindle which should be alot better on the trail!

Just my 2 cent.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
FTX any idea on release date for apex setup? zbros has a proven track record and if they come out with a setup that replaces stock spindle they may be worth switching to. kinda late to be coming out with the apex kit when the sled is in its last model year (not even available in canada anymore)

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
I got my Cro-moly from Alternative Impact this week and they sure looks sweet, superlight with very good fit and finish.

Y

Yamaha_nisse

Sep 20, 2008
TBird;

But your still stock with the heavy *** stock spindles! ;)

Damn I hope some one go and make us a light weight spindle for stock arms.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
does anyone have a left side stock Apex Spindle???
I need to buy one.

I think I do just send me a PM I will check in the back.

By the way guys it it the stock spindle housings that cause al the problems for me anyway-- bark buster spindles are hellish strong the whole set up flexes enough to keep from wrecking stuff. 2 sleds with it them on now one has 2 seasons on it with no problems.

Premium Features