• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chain case oil

R
Aug 28, 2009
Whitefish/Butte MT
Ski-doo makes there own chaincase oil, but I run Amsoil chaincase oil, cheaper than the ski-doo stuff. Some people run ATF fluid, but it doesn't have the lubrication properties of regular chaincase oil, and I figure the extra $4 a year is worth it for piece of mind.

M
Apr 26, 2009
Cambridge Idaho
I know of a guy that used standard oil and did not have any hygroscopic protection. Moisture got in there and his stuff rusted up. I'd stick with Skidoo. I bought a bottle last week, $20.

H
Nov 27, 2007
i've always ran AMSOIL's gear lube in mine (01 summit), even on the ol alpine same thing with no problems. i change it out every 1-2 seasons.

alpinem.jpg

J
Dec 17, 2008
I would just stick to the chain case oil ski-doo offers. if not that than pretty much any sled shop or motorsports shop has chain case oil

F

FNG

Nov 19, 2008
Should be a hole about the size a quarter directly under the lowest part of your chain case under your sled, the drain bolt is accessed through that and takes a 4.5mm allen wrench I think. Then crack the case and clean all that gunk out with brake parts cleaner, check yer chain tension and gear condition while you are in there, close er up, fill er up and off ya go.

Multicolored getatin...eeewwwww!

:beer;

Last edited:
Premium Features