• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets hear about your Modded Hawk

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
It seams guys like to keep their mods a bit secret..so Ill start with mine..
Photos to fallow...
03 503 chassis 136 for now..
700 Polaris motor with a few small tricks and the Happy gas button
Buds AC roller clutch
Shaft from sledder2... extremely nice piece of work...Highly recommended..
chain drive from CJ Godden.. no worries about getting stranded here.
Extroverts
steering stem moved forward 2.5" and up 5 "
Frame reinforced and stiffened
Custom cooling with radiator and heat exchangers..
Custom Mesh hood with HID lighting
custom step seat with height raised 7"
Gas can molded into rear fender, probably wont be enough.
Next is the suspension work front and rear...A short window of time until the Baja 1K should do it...
this will be one bad eagle...:beer;

Lets hear about and see Your preformance Mods

A
Dec 24, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
off road...that sounds sweet. You need to post those pics so we can see!!

I had a 503 that I sold, and just recently picked up a 600HO.. I have it all torn apart for rebuilding and cleaning, but haven't done many mods yet. I am getting some good ideas from this forum....all I need now is time and money!!

Post some pics...I am looking forward to seeing your Hawk!!

AkBillyBow

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
Sounds good Off Road Rider, can't wait to see how she looks !

Did anyone think of an Airbox that would have a cold air intake ? The stock airbox is probably one of the most stupid airbox design I've seen and that's why we need to run air pods but an airbox with a cold air intake would be better I'm sure. Working your way around for the cold air intake will be quite a challenge as well. That's one of the "performance missing links" of the Snow-Hawk right there.

On my side:
- Komplete new rising rate suspension/rails
- Extrovert drivers
- New tunnel
- Generation2 800HO Jaws Pipe
- Handwarmers and a lot of other little tiny things here and there
- (Ok I'm saying it to the public, not a secret anymore...) a 14" wide by 150" long track

That 14" wide track mod is probably THE missing link to outperform sleds in the super deep snow and climb as good as them in the deep. We're doing quite good in the deep snow but we're still trenching a lot more than sleds, whatever track length we have. So this mod is a response to that trenching problem and I'll be testing it all winter at one of this planet's best testing playground : Revelstoke, BC. Everything is in right now and I'm getting excited for the winter to come ! Here's a pic of her fat *** that I dearly love ! This mod is basically an array of about 45 different parts that need to be replaced/added to have the correct offset/length to work as it should and still run all the stock bodywork. A Komplete teardown of the machine is required as well as a big box to throw in all the leftover parts... ! I've been spending a lot of time on this, expecting the results to totally be worth the time and efforts I did put on !!! Might be available as a product for sale throughout the season according to results. Western rider dedicated mod right here, Easterners stick with the stock 12.5 !

TLKD

fourteen by one fifty at rest.jpg

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Sweet TLK... Im interested to see how you like the wider track..
Ill start taking some photos and post my progress over the next two weeks..
Motors ready to fire with the exception of plumbing the cooling system..

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
I'm stoked, my piston kit showed up yesterday and now I have all the parts required to complete the upgrades to mine.
Here it goes.
800 ho with a rkt drop-in kit ( was a 600)
Sledr2 suspension relocation brackets
sledr2 handle bar risers
151" track
Tiny tach
TRA drive clutch
chain drive conversion
TLKD graphics kit
And last but but not least a custom seat cover by cjgodden:D

Nov 2, 2009
SLC, UT
Wow!

I am drooling just reading about all the stuff you guys have done! I wish we had a big hawk shop where we could all trade ideas, test new designs and ride together. I guess the forum and Hawk Fest will have to do for now. Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing the machines in Logan Utah at Hawk Fest!

My Hawk is 2007 #007 800HO
144 camoplast track
Buds AC roller 2ndary
replaced "suitcase" (lead weight) exhaust with smaller can
Sledr2 drop down brackets
Cyclops helmet light
Blue Camo Wrap
McCurdy lightweight hood special
Gen 2 ski with carbides bolted on the outside edge off original hawk ski
currently replacing original (bent) suspension with new rising rate spring
Big fat grips to help the carpel tunnel
Handle Bar 2" riser

Thanks to everyone on the forum here that I have been able to contact and get the goods from!

Glad to see all the great mods! Hope to have more in the future.

007_Hawk
formerly "drills"

Snow Hawk.jpg

S
Apr 30, 2008
Enumclaw, WA
Sounds good Off Road Rider, can't wait to see how she looks !

Did anyone think of an Airbox that would have a cold air intake ? The stock airbox is probably one of the most stupid airbox design I've seen and that's why we need to run air pods but an airbox with a cold air intake would be better I'm sure. Working your way around for the cold air intake will be quite a challenge as well. That's one of the "performance missing links" of the Snow-Hawk right there.

On my side:
- Komplete new rising rate suspension/rails
- Extrovert drivers
- New tunnel
- Generation2 800HO Jaws Pipe
- Handwarmers and a lot of other little tiny things here and there
- (Ok I'm saying it to the public, not a secret anymore...) a 14" wide by 150" long track

That 14" wide track mod is probably THE missing link to outperform sleds in the super deep snow and climb as good as them in the deep. We're doing quite good in the deep snow but we're still trenching a lot more than sleds, whatever track length we have. So this mod is a response to that trenching problem and I'll be testing it all winter at one of this planet's best testing playground : Revelstoke, BC. Everything is in right now and I'm getting excited for the winter to come ! Here's a pic of her fat *** that I dearly love ! This mod is basically an array of about 45 different parts that need to be replaced/added to have the correct offset/length to work as it should and still run all the stock bodywork. A Komplete teardown of the machine is required as well as a big box to throw in all the leftover parts... ! I've been spending a lot of time on this, expecting the results to totally be worth the time and efforts I did put on !!! Might be available as a product for sale throughout the season according to results. Western rider dedicated mod right here, Easterners stick with the stock 12.5 !

TLKD

That.
Is.
Aesome!

Do You have any pics of you rear susp?

Did you add link or what?

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
That.
Is.
Aesome!

Do You have any pics of you rear susp?

Did you add link or what?

Should be pretty cool yeah, can't wait to have it ready and go test it...

No pics as of now, only screenshots but you guys on this forum will be the first to see it when it'll be done no worries !

I
Jan 4, 2008
Palmer AK.
Ok I'm still running a 2005 600

With the following up grades

-Three inch taller pro taper bars
-sleder2 risers
- Holtzman attac
- P-85 primary
- Cat secondary
-Simmons gen 2 SKI
-Tlk graphics ( SICK ones 2)
- 4140 moly top shaft
- Chain drive conversion ( geared to hall ARSE)
- tiny tach
-Sleder to suspension relocate brackets.
- And the best mod you can have A wife that lets me do it all and nurses me back from my surgeries.:cool:

And it also helps that me and cj wrench on our hawks together ..

Last edited:
outlaw 600 2006

I have a outlaw 600 2006 with these mods

Team secondary tss 04 with flat 42 48 helix and red black spring
Jack shaft from sled2r
Tra 3 ultra light race clutch
Custom engine brace
800 radiator for better cooling
Retrofit swing arm from sled2r
45L gas tank
Trail Tech Vapor
Front ski wheel kit
Pre filter on belly pan (clutch side)

And i cant wait for snow .... :)

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
got most things on the list done, still working on the hood and a few other goodies..she sounds mean and is ready to rip..
Hawk001.jpg
[/IMG]
Hawk002.jpg
[/IMG]
Hawk003.jpg
[/IMG]

whistlerhawk

Premium Member
Mar 23, 2008
Whistler BC
I have a '07 159" 800 Hawk. I did lots of frankenstein things to it and my 600 over the years, only to be later replaced with beautifully crafted peices from TKLDProd, CJGodden and SledR2. My RKTek piston kit/head kit showed up this week and is being implanted right now...I ride Whistler area so mountains are my theme...
Here it goes:
-800 HO with RKTek 800cc dual ring pistons and 13.5:1 Head Kit
-TKLD suspension relocation brackets with my custom holes from my previous frankenstein pivot bracket, and foot pegs waaaayyyyy back
-handle bar risers -Sledr2
-adjustable ski set-back - Sledr2
-159" track
-KOSO console with Temp/RPM/Speedo
-Heat exchanger relocated to lower skid (care of Peter Woosley) with scratchers- so long snow flap!
-chain drive conversion - awesome mod - thanks CJGodden
-Walbro fuel pickups - no more 1/3 fuel engine die front flips - Thanks TKLD
-Frame stiffener kit - TKLD
-Simmons Gen2 ski
-engine anti-torque mount - TKLD
-New Jaws 800 expansion chamber and pipe (ceramic)
-thumb throttle (heated) and hand heaters
-acerbis hand guards
-K&N pods - I agree with TKLD that we need a fresh air feed for air intake!
-8" rear idlers coming soon from Sledr2
other minor odds and ends....

Looking forward to lighting her up just before XMAS.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Tomas was our first known 800R project.
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1118

Now this guy selling the stock 600HO parts on Ebay, pipe, motor, etc claims he's done it as well. To some power is everything to others carefull what you wish for, easier to repair your machine than your arm sockets!:eek:

If this is what it takes to egnite this firestorm of interest in the One Ski I guess we have to give them what they want, they'll know whether they needed it when they check back in for seconds or thirds.

Time for a Hawk building party, Hawk Fest is going to be E N O R M O U S!!!
RobMilesSHproject.jpg

Last edited:

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
did that machine ever get completed?.. like the pipes!!
Got Hawkeinstein out yesterday for a nice rip.. Can you say hold on....
I need those snotrackers bad..
Number one rule in business.. give the customer what they want, not what you feel they need..wear em out boys.. there will be an option..

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
As in optional equipment.

Yes it was, I post that pic to stimulate the Twoskis here hanging on the fence edge by their fingernails, gives them understanding. Otherwise this lounge is where I send those who search us out after they have been perscribed a solution to remedy their new addiction.

Most have never known of the forum just searching for answers, allthough the lurkers are giving themselves away via Verizon wireless more every day.;)

Results may vary.:)

Last edited:

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Hawkenstien kicks it!!

I cant put into words that I can type how happy I am with my mod..
Finlay got a few days of decent riding in this last weekend.
messed with changing helix's a few times and dialed it in with a 51 deg
staight..No overheating issues, in fact I think I need to restrict some flow as max h20 temp is only around 150.. The machine feels and handles much like a bike and FAR better than origanal..ergos are fantastic.. chewed up a few new 800 xps coming down the mountain:D:D
Its going to be a great season!!

Premium Features