• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Few small questions

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Alright here is what I ran into with some confusion....

Went with the SLP powder pro's skis. Do I need to get shorter bolts for these to connect to my spindle? Because the way they are no they don't fit with my spindles for crap.

Anybody know who sells the braided coolant line covers? Summit? Jegs? Can't find the stuff and I would like to change my stock black, to a white.

Twisted 2 bolt heads off when installing my MAG side rear engine mount to the MAG side cradle that connects across the bulkhead. Got one out with a set of pliers but the other is to far in. What would you recommend to get these out? Do they make grade 8 bolts that small?

Foam under the gas tank. Is that necessary? What is it their for?

Prolly more questions to come but thats it for now...

Thanks,
Nolan

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
hmmmm.....

The foam under the tank is for the vibes. Over time the fuel tank will gouge the tunnel or vice versa. Mine were in pretty bad shape and my tunnel and tank were worn pretty bad is some spots.

I got replacements at my dealer PN# 5810290 4 of them for $12

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
Yes, you will have to run shorter bolts on the skis...I got some stainless bolts for mine.

Spectre makes the braided hose covering...should be able to order at any parts store or online, though I haven't seen white.

For getting the bolt out, maybe a left hand drill bit or an easy-out...I always seem to break the easy-out on small bolts though and that just compounds the problem:mad:.

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Nolan..

i meant to use the rubber pads under the tank when i installed it all but i forgot..still debating on doing it or not..i know its a good thing for sure..just lazy right know..

i just posted a few days ago about those bolts on the engine support..i busted 2 of them on the MAG side and then all 4 of the bolts that hold the rear motor mount to the bulkhead..i used the old bolts from my chaincase when i got the grade 8 for it..they are alot longer..then i used locknuts on the backside..and the ones that i couldnt get a nut on..just used locktite..been great and had no issues with it...i will never use those cheap bolts it came with..

looking into the hose deal myslef..i will let you know if find anything..

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Alright anybody have the specs on the OD of the coolant lines? What about the size hose used for the oil lines? Don't have the sled near me or I would go check myself.

Thanks,

Nolan

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
which coolant hoses...the one from the bottle to the tunnel, or the one coming from under the engine to the head..or the one from the bottle to the water pump..i can get the measurements for you shortly..

same with the oil line..which one..the oil bottle to the oil pump or bottle to center crank case?

you getting bradied hose? ;)

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Yea, going to see how it works. Sean, If you could get me mesurements on all the hoses that are visible with estimated lengths needed for each OD that would be GREAT! I would make it up to you some how! Also, What about the diameter of the split wire loom thats used around the sled? Thats all 3/4 right?

THANKS!!!

Nolan

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Sean,

What the hell man! I've been waiting forever for you to do this for me! I don't have all day to just sit around and wait for you to do this at your own time! What am I paying you so much for if your just going to take me for granted!! lol

All kidding aside....

How did you make out on this?

-Nolan

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
HOLY CHIT MAN!!

LOL...your like my wife...but not as yummy!! ;)

i was working on her sled...LOTS to do..time to repair all the small parts from the truck vs sled incident :)

here is what i came up with for you...

COOLANT LINES
--hose from front cooler under engine to cylinder head is 1 1/2" and gets 1/4" bigger were it connects to the head
--hose from coolant bottle to water pump is 1 1/2"
--hose from right side running board to coolant bottle is 1 1/2"
--hose from left side running board to front cooler behind/under engine is 1 3/4"
--hoses from BOTH running boards to rear tunnnel cooler is 1 1/4"

OIL LINES
--from oil bottle to oil pump line is 3/8"
--oil line from bottle/between cylinders and to center crank bearing is 1/2"

WIRE LOOM
--Hell i dont know..it has to be at least the hose size, if not 1/4" bigger..so i would get that

Hope thats good enough..i would get at least 1 1/2" braided hose line for it all, and then a little bit of 1 3/4" and you should be fine

You owe me ALOT!!!

Last edited:
N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Sean,

Are you certain that those little lines coming off of the oil pump are 1/2" That seems really big. I was thing more like 1/8" or somewhere around their? Maybe im dreaming tho.

Thanks,
Nolan

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Sean,

Are you certain that those little lines coming off of the oil pump are 1/2" That seems really big. I was thing more like 1/8" or somewhere around their? Maybe im dreaming tho.

Thanks,
Nolan

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
the lines OFF the oil pump..i didnt check them, but i bet they are 1/8"...3/8" MAX...

the line from the oil bottle to oil filter-to oil pump is 3/8"

line from oil bottle through cylinder to crank bearing is 1/2"

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
All the oil lines are clear lines correct? None of them are the black rubber? Just looked at the map and Cooke is only a hop skip and a jump away. Its on the other side of the country for me!! Send me a pm.

-Nolan

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Alright I got some new updated questions.

Is it at all possible to incorporate a different handle into the current brake handle setup? I would like to add a longer billet one off of a bike/quad if its possible. I don't care for the short tiny thing that comes on it stock. Or do you think it would be better to get rid of the big stock cluster and rewire it to the 09 setup and put a different brake setup on. If I did do the new brake setup what is a lever/brake system to use?

Windshields. Where is a place I can go and see ALL the colors and ALL the sizes avaliable for the IQ chassis? Anybody have any inputs on what goes well with blue/white?

Handgaurds. Whos using what and how do you like them? How cleanly do they mount?

Spark plug wires. What aftermarket ones are everybody using? Are stock wires just as good? Im putting an order together on Jegs and am overwhelmed with the kind of choices I have!! If I could get some help finding a pair from their web site that would be great. Hoping to get this order in tonight.

Here is a link.
http://www.jegs.com/c/Ignition-Electrical_Spark-Plug-Wires/10691/10002/-1

Thanks for everything guys,
Nolan

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Alright I got some new updated questions.

Is it at all possible to incorporate a different handle into the current brake handle setup? I would like to add a longer billet one off of a bike/quad if its possible. I don't care for the short tiny thing that comes on it stock. Or do you think it would be better to get rid of the big stock cluster and rewire it to the 09 setup and put a different brake setup on. If I did do the new brake setup what is a lever/brake system to use?

Windshields. Where is a place I can go and see ALL the colors and ALL the sizes avaliable for the IQ chassis? Anybody have any inputs on what goes well with blue/white?

Handgaurds. Whos using what and how do you like them? How cleanly do they mount?

Spark plug wires. What aftermarket ones are everybody using? Are stock wires just as good? Im putting an order together on Jegs and am overwhelmed with the kind of choices I have!! If I could get some help finding a pair from their web site that would be great. Hoping to get this order in tonight.

Here is a link.
http://www.jegs.com/c/Ignition-Electrical_Spark-Plug-Wires/10691/10002/-1

Thanks for everything guys,
Nolan

DUDE...your trying to take all my secretes..lol..

here is some of what your looking for.

1. Brake lever...POWERMADD makes one thats longer and has a finger on the side..it says its only for the GEN II models, but it will fit ANy with the HAYES brake master cylinder..

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/powermaddbrakeleverforpolaris.aspx

pics below on my sled, i like it alot..theres room for handgaurds, and its exactly what i was hoping for...got one on my 900 and her sled as well...since she has to match everything i get, lol..

2. Windscreen..i would get a FLY screen..the small tiny ones with no wings, or just use the TOP half of a stock one..and maybe trim it down..i dont know what colors they come in, but cant go wrong with black..

3. Handgaurds..The POLARIS gaurds are actually very nice..i am getting all black ones for xmas this year, and she has the red/black ones now..also look at RSI..wade has some sick ones, even in blue/white, and white with black lettering..

http://www.rsiracing.com/index.php

pic below

4. Plug wires...great question...i want to find the ones that SuperDave3 used on his T900, they are exactly what i want..keep me posted..

and yes the oil lines from the oil pump to the crank bearings are CLEAR ;)

1110092217.jpg

1110092217a.jpg

1110092218.jpg

1110092219.jpg

gaurds.jpg

Premium Features