• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I want to strecth my Warrior out as cheap as possible

D
Feb 14, 2009
i want to stretch my warrior out to i think 162" but i am not sure about the best place to start or what will fit and i want to do it cheap so any suggestions would be appreciated

mud99

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2009
Truckee, CA
Almost any skid will fit with a bit of modification - I think a 162" Apex Mountain skid would bolt right up without any mods and should be reasonable on $$$.

I don't know what drivers you have, but you will want to also get a set of Avid 3" drivers, the stock yamaha drivers are no good with a long track, you'll spin them in a few hundred miles. That'll set you back $250 or so.

If you want to go this route, I should have a take-off skid from my 162 Apex in about a month, I just ordered a timbersled setup.

Mark

S
Nov 26, 2007
Cowtown, AB
Looks like it's dirt cheap! I've seen apex skids for as little as $100. Lots floating around 'cause they are heavy (77lbs on my scale). Same with maverick tracks. The mav. track is not a great track but it is cheap! I've had two mav. on my machine (2nd one on warrenty) and just installed a challenger extreme (@4600kms). If you have the cash go Challenger Extreme otherwise mav. but the later the manufacturing date the better. They did stiffen up the track in later years.

As for the drivers, you'll need to go 7tooth 3 pitch to get clearance for the larger lugs. Stock apex have extroverts (sp) seperate from the main drivers so there is at least 4 drivers under there if not more (you'd think I would remember having just had the axel out). It's likely just as cheap to by two Avid or Whal bros. extrovert combo units then your good to go if you ever decide to up the hp.

I've got 4600kms on my stock Apex mtn drivers so if you can find some cheap I wouldn't worry about durability. I've heard the stock drivers spin when you up the boost but have not heard any issues on stock hp Apexs.

I'd talk to Tom Hartman on a tunnel extension. He's got good prices, gives good support and very knowedgable.

l8r,

Shawn.

Premium Features