• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just purchased a rmk 900 any help or input

H
Jan 22, 2009
Just purchased a 05 900 rmk, have read alot of the posts and the pros and cons of the sled,, almost wonderin if did the wrong thing but its done, wondering if anyone could chime in and give me some good things to do to my sled,, dont really ride that hard but like to have good times and longivity of the sled,, he said it had the big bore kit already installed,,, any help in what to look for and what not,, thanks in advance,

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Look at the stickys at the top of this 900 forum....all the info you could ever want...

good luck

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Read the stickys on the top of the page in the "900 sub-forum" it will tell you what you need to look for..if you start looking into the sled and need help, or have questions..ask..

this is by far the BEST and most knowledgable forum out there with die-hard 900 guru's...we will lead you in the right direction...but need more specific info to help..

thats where you come in, take the time and read the stickys, and any link in the 900 section that you think could help you learn your sled..

welcome to the 900 class, and welcome to snowest.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
BTW...i assume you have a 975 big bore kit then..make sure your running at least 50/50 race fuel each tank...a few guys on here are running that kit and can help you with info/specs if you need it..

Also, what mods are done to that 900, besides the BB...

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Read the stickys on the top of the page in the "900 sub-forum" it will tell you what you need to look for..if you start looking into the sled and need help, or have questions..ask..

this is by far the BEST and most knowledgable forum out there with die-hard 900 guru's...we will lead you in the right direction...but need more specific info to help..

thats where you come in, take the time and read the stickys, and any link in the 900 section that you think could help you learn your sled..

welcome to the 900 class, and welcome to snowest.

Yup, read read read... There's TONS of info on these things here, you've definitely come to the right place.:D:beer;

H
Jan 22, 2009
well been reading alot already and dont think ive coverd very much lol, trouble is, dont really even know what to look for on my sled as far as if it even has the bb kit or what other mods it has,,, dont know what many of them look like, i'm mechanically inclined,,, with trucks and farm machinery, not snowmobiles lol,, maybe some good pictures of my sled on my profile would help others get a feel for what i'm workin with?? i'll keep reading,,

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Awe!!

Send us all you can (pics) anf info.
These guys on here are the greatest on the earth.
They tell you how it is and they live the 900 dream- these are very nice machines.
Ask and you shall receive.

AWE...so sweet..lol..:D:beer; who exactly is the greatest ;)

FN..get ahold of me this winter and we will meet up..

Pics would be helpful..or at least get a few rides on it and see how it is..just keep an eye on the mandatory things that are listed in the stickys..

F
Jan 14, 2009
Welcome to the forum. Yeah, a mod list would help a lot. The Carl's 975 Big Bore kit I think needs a race gas mix but the Hot To Go 975 can run on pump gas. If you have the big bore kit, how are you tuning it? pics would help. I would get some EGT gauges and/ or a wideband O2 sensor on there so you know if the sled is running lean or rich. Get the clutches checked out. Check the motor mounts. Like people said, there's a "sticky" with links to a lot of good info on the 900's.

Premium Features