• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

After market skids?

WHAT SKID FOR THE MOUNTAINS?

• TIMBER SKID

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • HOLTZ

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • EASY RIDE

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • M10

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • BAKER SKID

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • OTHER

Votes: 10 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
You need to be more specific.
Boondocking
Lighter weight only..
Chute climbs
Jumping, cornices
All around..
Other

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
I would say an Expert-X if you can find one. Strongest skid money can buy, awesome bump absorption, and you can adjust the preload, ride hight, transfer, ect all very easily. You can adjust the transfer by hand in about 30 seconds eliminating it completely, or making a wheely machine. I've had them in two different sleds for about 5 seasons and will keep using them. They'll take out the tunnel before you total the skid.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I'd go with the Baker skid, run the short coupler blocks and loosen the limiter straps for less ski pressure, run the long blocks and tighten the quick adjust limiter to glue the skis down for climbing. Lots of playing and adjustment in between, very user friendly. Ride quality is phenomenal and they are very tough, mounts in stock location too:D. Surprised no one is stocking and selling them in BC?

AA
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
my vote goes out to timbersled and or bakers if your runnin boost, both skids are the best bang for the buck imo

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
There is no perfect skid. They all have pros and cons.
I have 3 of the top skids.
Timber is light, strong and very tuneable. Actually climbed some nasty stuff on that skid despite what some critics may tell you. Ride quality can be decent if playing with air pressures and shim stack. A great upgrade to an OEM skid and mounts in stock holes. Weight savings were amazing.
CR10 is amazing in the ride factor, very tough, and an animal in keeping the skis flat. Love that skid as well. Probly the most isolation in the 3 I have. Spendy but as they say......you get what you pay for.
Racers Edge/Baker skid. New to me, but I spent enough time on it form my opinion. Flat, comfy, tough and fairly light with the float in the center. Love the tuneability as well and with their stuff we all know it is tested well and will be very durable.

I have virutally no experience with any others other than the Fast M10 which was great at keeping the nose down but was very heavy and I seemed to bend the upper arm as we had to run that sucker stiff to keep the nose into the hill with the small centers and gave up traction on transfer. So with all the options I would not buy a FAST M10 again.

Safe sleddin'
RS

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
dumb question! but isnt the kmod very close to the timber skid in design?

I also have one of the old style ones here, they are more like a Holz.

The new skid has the shock to the back similar to timber and Fab craft skids but with sizers and Quick adjust coupling blocks.

Bottom line it is build with lager tubing and bigger cross shafts to stand up to big HP. That is why I got that one -- had to many problems with the timber skid and even the Holz started to give out after one season under boost .

R
Nov 26, 2007
The new skid has the shock to the back similar to timber and Fab craft skids but with sizers and Quick adjust coupling blocks.

I just spent some time comparing the Newer K Mod and the fabcraft skids and they are strikingly similar. Is there a reason that we don't here much about the fabcraft skid?

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
You need to be more specific.
Boondocking
Lighter weight only..
Chute climbs
Jumping, cornices
All around..
Other

id say general mountain riding. so hill clibing and boondocking. dont real care to jump a turbo sled! and lite weight being a must.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
man why no KMOD? I had to put my vote under other.. :rolleyes:

:p

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Only one skid in high enough demand that you would get all of your $$$ back if you resold it. ;)

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
I have an Ez Ryde and i love it. Its pretty light weight, great bump absorption (best I've ever rode) and they have great customer service, which imo is as important as the product it self. Also it can be equipped with Z Broz exit shocks, which would make an already good skid better.:beer;

Premium Features