• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MCX Apex with Ez-Ryde rubbing

P

polaris_rmk

Nov 5, 2008
Chilliwack BC
Like the title says, i have an 06 MCX Apex with EZ-Ryde and it seems to me like when the shocks compress some component of the suspension rubs on the track through the middle and is causing it to wear fairly fast. Has anyone else had this issue with the Ez-Ryde on a turbo sled. My dealer told me that i was suppose to go back to the stock rear skid and said that the ezryde isnt made for the horsepower the sled is making and somehow ratchiting and causing this?? Is he full of s*#t? any advice? Thanks

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Like the title says, i have an 06 MCX Apex with EZ-Ryde and it seems to me like when the shocks compress some component of the suspension rubs on the track through the middle and is causing it to wear fairly fast. Has anyone else had this issue with the Ez-Ryde on a turbo sled. My dealer told me that i was suppose to go back to the stock rear skid and said that the ezryde isnt made for the horsepower the sled is making and somehow ratchiting and causing this?? Is he full of s*#t? any advice? Thanks

First off sounds like the dealer is full of it. Stock yammi skid is the worst skid I have ridden since the 80's.

What tunnel do you have? What mounting kit do you have? Who mounted the skid and set it up? What length of skid and is it the 09 skid? Is the track rubbing on the paddle side against the turbo or the inside of the track? Is the track tight? Do you run extroverts?

The above information will give a better diagnosis but most likely your rear shock is mounted to high in the tunnel not giving the proper clearence. If it is mounted low enough then you could machine your upper idler wheels to also gain more clearance. The list can go on but you need to give some more info.

P

polaris_rmk

Nov 5, 2008
Chilliwack BC
i run the VE inc race tunnel, so it is mounted directly to it not sure who set it up as i bought the sled already with ezryde installed. yes i do run extroverts. The track is rubbing on the inside directly in the center of the track. from what i have been hearing you have to run these tracks tight with this skid. i never tried riding it with tighter track tension as i didnt know this before. unfortunatley i do not have a pic seeing as the sled is currently at Yamaha for pre-season.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
So to clarify its not rubbing on the paddle side but the inside of the track? Something is definitely strange about that. Misalignment? drivers worn out? Running it too tight? Does it ratchet?

Still alot of questions and variable, needs more explaining plus pics.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
i run the VE inc race tunnel, so it is mounted directly to it not sure who set it up as i bought the sled already with ezryde installed. yes i do run extroverts. The track is rubbing on the inside directly in the center of the track. from what i have been hearing you have to run these tracks tight with this skid. i never tried riding it with tighter track tension as i didnt know this before. unfortunatley i do not have a pic seeing as the sled is currently at Yamaha for pre-season.

Is your front cross shaft mounted to high in the tunnel and the front shock mount rubbing the track , these skids are a good skid for trails ( bumpyer the better ) boondocking and climbing to a certain degree .

P

polaris_rmk

Nov 5, 2008
Chilliwack BC
no, it is NOT rubbing on the paddle side, on the inside between the rails in the middle. Yes the drivers were wearing out so i am having those replaced as well. Could this be causing it? Just not sure why the dealership is trying to tell me to go back to stock? ive done abunch of research on it and for the most part the system seems to work well. As for alignment goes and front shaft placement and soforth, all is good. thanks for the help

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
The guy didn't happen to put a limiter strap on it, did he? Some guys did and maybe when compressed the bolt for the limiter strap is hitting the track.

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
I cant believe your dealer told you that the EZryde isn't made for that much HP?:confused: the guys at z broz use them on their 300+ HP turbo sleds with great results. If you have an 07 162" you have to run your track real tight( no sag at all). If you dealer cant figure it out call EZ ryde they have great customer service.

P

polaris_rmk

Nov 5, 2008
Chilliwack BC
I am going to change the drivers and tighten up the track and see what happens. when i get it back from yamaha i will post a pic of whats going on. thanks for the help boys! :beer;

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It doesn't sound like your dealer is that interested in helping you. Did you buy it from him? Ez ryde is one of the best skids out there. Never had any trouble from mine.

P

polaris_rmk

Nov 5, 2008
Chilliwack BC
No, the Skid came with the sled when i bought it. it kind of does piss me off that the dealer is just trying to find the easy way out of not helping and just replacing it with chit. when i bought it there was never any rubbing that i noticed. could this be that the drivers are to far worn and track tension has gone loose causing this?

Premium Features