• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coolant leak

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
So if you have your motor out or have a coolant leak check your hoses, I just got this damn sled put together only to find I had a coolant leak. I pulled the motor out and inspected everything, it turns out the leak was from the hose that run from the bottom of the coolant bottle to the back of the motor aka the water pump. Right where the hose has premolded bends in it is the problem are, I have a few 900 motors laying around and 2 out of 3 were worn out or showing signs of wearing out.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
exactly what i was talking about having to replace on mine..i ordered a new hose and then i used a file to round the steering column bracket where the hose is rubbing on (vibration)...round that and you should be good..there is not enought room to put any chaffing material there..i tried...

good luck broseph

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I don't have the hose issue ... yet.

Can you get the hose and make your own routing?

Get some 45 and 90 plastic elbows and route it so not to touch anything?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I wish I had a few 900 motors just lying around...

lol..yeh man, andrew is a lucky dude..he has some sick chit..i woul deven take his extra blown 900 motor...hint hint ;)

I don't have the hose issue ... yet.

Can you get the hose and make your own routing?

Get some 45 and 90 plastic elbows and route it so not to touch anything?

you know...now that i think about it..i could have added a few inhes to that hose with some left over from the radiator delete and some unions..and gave it some slack...its super tight behind there where the hose routes..but i am sure with the added 2-3" and an elbow like you said..it would be great..

if not plastic elbows (which i think would wear faster) i would use pieces of a cut up coolant hose and zip tie them on the other hose in place...

shoot...my motor is already back in :rolleyes:

Premium Features