• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hand Warmers

B
Nov 28, 2007
Two years now and the wires on the twist side have snapped. I originally left slack in the wires in hopes that they would last. Has anybody found a better way around this ?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Hippo hands.

http://www.bikebandit.com/quadboss-hand-mitts
04QuadbossHandMBLG.gif

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
hot hands

I think i have got the best thing yet. I will be using on my snowbike anyways. Gerbings battery operated gloves. Got them for my street ride when cold and think they will be awsome for the snowbikes without elect. power or broken hand warmers. Check them out www.gerbing.com

M
Dec 29, 2007
hotgrips offers some heated grips made for motorcycles so that one is bigger for the throttle tube. dunno how the wires would hold up better or not...

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
Ok guys who have heated grips, I want you to tell me where you hook up that freakin thing into our wiring harness mess !!! Pictures please !
I am a dumb when comes to wires. They all look the same to me except color and where they come out of !

Thanks in advance for your support !

O
Nov 26, 2007
Gig Harbor,WA
Wiring

Im not sure the colors on a 600 or 800 hawk but all you need to do is tie end to the back side of your voltage regulator. On my 503 its the yellow wire i believe i would actually have to get off my *** and go look in my shop at my hawk. If you have a manual just find your voltage regulator and find the wire thats on the back side feeding your light or taillight etc and tie into that wire.

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
First : "Voltage regulator" is this the module with the fins that's bolted on the inside clutch side of the frame near the carbs ?

Second : so basically you guys are telling me I only have to "undress" that yellow wire coming out of there, start another wire from there, run it through the heated grip assy and end it up grounding it to the frame ? Isn't there more than one wire to hook up ?

Three : Will these work ? : https://www.enduroeng.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000141-1177528227

Tired of being hands cold at half day...

About your wire breaking problem : can't you use bigger wires or flexible wires ?

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
better order 2 sets!!

T, i run 2 on the left side. the aluminum bars are like a heat sink and the left hand always got colder then the right.... with 2 on left and 1 on right the heat output feels the same...

as an added bonus you have a spare for the right side when the wires break

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Ski-doo sells a cork isolant that can be installed between the bars and the heater element, it works really well. Isolates the heater from the aluminium so the bars don't draw the heat.

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
Thanks to y'all guys.
Page 24, Damn... I knew it had to be that simple... It's right there sticking out in my Hawk, ready to be... "Done". Didn't go for it last year because I was too lazy to figure it out... No way I'll spend another winter without them.

CJ, do you know if a Doo Dealer would sell that exact connector to fit in there so I can do a clean wire job ?

One thing I fell in love with this summer is my Intense Cycle lock-on grips on my MTB. BuffaloHawk, have you tried MTB lock-on grips on your Hawk ? I'll try to see if I can bore one for the twist throttle and bore the other one for the brake side... Don't really know if there's any room for that to happen...

Premium Features