• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Hills Group Ride

S

srx_600

Apr 16, 2009
South Dakota
Just as the title says. Who would be interest? What weekends would work for everyone? I dont think we should even think about Pres. Day Weekend for a group ride seeing as how busy it is out there. MLK Weekend, or possibly over Xmas/New Years?

Can arrange maybe taking a 4-place trailer for us eastern guys to save on gas.

Top Notch

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Hartford, S.D.
www.topnotchdetailing.biz
We would be up for a forum ride also. i agree with staying away from pres. weekend, although we will be out there. If someone has some good ideas on a weekend, then we could do some planning from there. I'm open as far as when.

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
Cool idea, once things get more nailed down I will sticky a thread on this. If timing works out maybe a few of us from the north might come join in.... :beer;

V
Jan 18, 2009
If it works out I may be in for the trip. May be able to talk another South Dakotan into it as well. What kind of riding, mostly offtrail or 50/50 on/off trail?

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
xmas is always a good time.. snow can be iffy though....

will probably need to spilt into groups though.. cause the trail bangers wont like some of the spots.. :D

C
Oct 12, 2008
Sioux City, Ia

will probably need to spilt into groups though.. cause the trail bangers wont like some of the spots.. :D

Would love to ride with some peeps that know where the good stuff is. I dont really care bout trail or off trail. Ill make sure to bring my bunje along so i can pull the wife out though!!!!!:D

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I am out there 4-5times through january and feburary. already sure im going 26-30th and prez weekend, so anytime works for me. Only thing is i would probably need a ride out :p. Oh, and would we leave thursday night and come back saturday then?

B
Dec 3, 2008
Im pretty sure I still have JR's phone number somewhere here. He lives there and said he'd let us in on the "good" spots if I ever get down there.

Im sure he will chime in here sometime.

Top Notch

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Hartford, S.D.
Do you guys wanna try and do it over either Christmas or New Years weekend? Or maybe wait till things slow down after the holidays, Or wait and see how the snow fall goes? Depending on when we go I could haul a couple sleds out also.

S
Feb 11, 2008
Moorhead, MN
if all the moons line up when it planned, I would be up for a group ride. be interesting in finding new places. would be coming out of fargo area with a 3 place.

mike

S

srx_600

Apr 16, 2009
South Dakota
If we get too many people we may have to split the groups just to keep it all safer.

Im up for off trail riding as much as possible but would also swing some trail riding as well. I have a few cool spots marked on my GPS but would love someone who really knows to lead. We have been to almost every spot worth going to but i never remember them all.

I say we first try and shoot for sometime around new years, if snow conditions are minimal or just not quite up to snuff then maybe MLK weekend.

If its on a weekend i wouldnt mind taking off Thursday night/early Friday AM and then coming back on Sun. or something like that.

How many Sioux Falls area guys we got? Anyone got a 4-place trailer? I might be able to get a 4 place.

Im trying to make this as cheap a drive as i can get for everyone, people like cheap!

Last edited:

sledmanhof

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2005
Canistota, South Dakota
i might be up for it, depending what weekend it is and how my schedule would work out. then someone can show me all the good spots out there.

im just west of sioux falls

Last edited:
R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
I would think maybe after the holidays as things might be a little slower there... Where are we thinking of riding out of? Deawood area? I'm up for the cheap plan too haha

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
I'm not a fan of riding out of the Deadwood/Lead area. I think it's much better riding out of Trailshead. There's usually better snow in that area anyways.

If we got enough people together we could just rent a big cabin?

Trails? Where we're going we don't need trails. :face-icon-small-hap:beer;

I have the 18th of Dec. through Jan 3rd off, so basically anytime in there is fine with me, except for Christmas, which is on a Friday this year.

I've got a 4 place but I own it with a few other people so they could be out riding at that time too, hard to say this early.

If we needed to use somebody else's trailer though, I've got a D-Max I can pull it with if they don't have a tow rig.

Last edited:

Top Notch

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Hartford, S.D.
I agree with going out after the holidays when things have slowed up out there. The middle to the end of january should be good snow by then. We will probably stay in Spearfish, and drive to Savoy to unload and ride from there. Rooms are pretty reasonable there and its only about 12 miles down Savoy. There will be 4 or 5 of us in our group. I would like to do mostly off trails but will have to see how the girls do.

sledmanhof

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2005
Canistota, South Dakota
we've got a 4 place enclosed also but im not sure if we will be riding farther west or not depending when the date is. i would also be up for mostly off trail riding

Premium Features