• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anybody ever tried the SLP perfomance kit?, thinking about it for my 05 summit

M

millnoff

Dec 5, 2007
I was just wondering if anybody on here has tried it and what they thought of it? I know its kind of expensive but i allready have the reeds, and intake kit, so that would help some with the cost.

If you have run it/or running it hows the powerband, what do you like/dislike about it? anything i sould know?

Ive had a drop in kit before and it was good power but it had a very narrow powerband, wasnt a big fan of that, and i beat up on bj's 840 with it so def not going that route...

so i guess let me know what you thought of it.

thanks,
-Jesse

C
Oct 3, 2008
Bend Oregon
I have an 06 with the SLP power pack. It has great power. I out climbed a newer M1000 on a long climb. I was also cutting fresh tracks in about 10 inches of setup sno. He was riding on a packed section.

The only thing that can consistently beat me is an 860 skidoo. And I still cant outclimb the dragon 800 we ride with. Other than that, this sled is very cabable with the kit on it. Reliable and great sounding as well..

L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
i also have it on a 06 when i first got it, it ran head to head with a rev with no2 that had a 30 shot so i put a 30 shot no2 the engine has never even had a hik up but it could use one jet size bigger ? your choice change the spring in the secondary i slowly lost track speed put a team secondary on bam got it back, just my experience for what it is worth

One of the guys we ride with had the full kit on his 09 xp and it outperformed the 08 xp in our group hands down in every condition. The guy with the 08 xp is getting the kit this year he was so impressed by it. I run the SLP powerdome head, I never ran the motor stock so not sure how much power I gained from it but the motor runs great.

M

millnoff

Dec 5, 2007
Right on thanks guys!

the other option i was looking into was a CPI pipe/can/porting. CPI claims 18hp over stock with it and a much broader power band also staying at lower rpm's than SLP, which i like for my older motor. i already have there can and i think the pipe porting combo was only $775 if i remember right which is half of SLP's cost.

anybody have any experience with CPI's setup?

thanks,
-Jesse

Z
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula MT
My uncle has one on his 05 144 x. runs like a raped ape. Slp put a good combo together when they did that combo. Still has that nice skidoo snapp too it too. i personally realy like its powerband.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I had it on my 05 rev and it was a great very responsive kit. Really added some great performance for the price.

In fact I still have the powerdome heads(above 6k ft) and one ported cylinder out in the garage. Shoot me a pm if you are interested I would give you a good price.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Yup, because the '07 would have been a unique pipe and SLP didn't want to waste time developing a pipe that would only work well for a single model year. Strictly a business decision.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
I was just wondering if anybody on here has tried it and what they thought of it? I know its kind of expensive but i allready have the reeds, and intake kit, so that would help some with the cost.

If you have run it/or running it hows the powerband, what do you like/dislike about it? anything i sould know?

Ive had a drop in kit before and it was good power but it had a very narrow powerband, wasnt a big fan of that, and i beat up on bj's 840 with it so def not going that route...

so i guess let me know what you thought of it.

thanks,
-Jesse

hmmm...I'm sure it was an apples/apples comparo...

The funny thing was when I did an apples/apples comparro (dyno tested/hill drags) about 4 years ago the 150 hp drop in kit got beat by the 164 hp 840 kit...cant imagine why??-BJ:D

Last edited:
Premium Features