• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How much electrical power do I have

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
Ok so they say I have 280 watts.
How much does all the engine electronics and coils take from that. Basically how much am I left with to run accessories?

Trying to make sure I have enough power for all my turbo pumps.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Anything on the engine electronics side is separate from the lighting coil.

Headlight is 55w on high beam I believe. Tail and marker lights are just a couple of watts each. Stock bar heaters are 16 and 20 watts if memory serves.

All told you are using about 150w of the total after you add in gauges and stuff.

sled_guy

D
Ampacity of the lighting coil

It would best to use a clamp-on amprobe to measure your full load amperage with hi beams/hand and thumb warmers/brake on....That amp reading X voltage = full load wattage of the lighting coil (the CDI and ignition are feed from a different coil ) If you can't find an amprobe I could probably calculate the approximate load from the wiring diagram I have for my '02 RMK

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
Not worried about what I am drawing. I know that. My headlight is 35w and I don't use warmers so I should have plenty of power available. My fuel pump is drawing 55w Oil pump should come in under 100w so i should be golden.

Just wasn't sure if the engine was drawing off the same circuit or if it was seperate like they did in the old days.

Premium Features