• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Nytro MCXpress Replacement SS Header

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Now that Alpine has it at the Edmonton Sled show, I sent my Nytro MCXpress header to Alpine Motorsports a couple weeks ago and had them make a header for it (thanks Blaine, looks awsome, nice work).
The jig is made and they will have a couple headers ready to go next week. Stock Pipe ID is 1.295 inches, new Pipe ID is 1.340, with a little smother flow as well. Comes with a little more bracing up front like the 2010 header and has the stock mounting bracket up front. Wall thickness is .08. Thicker turbo flange. 304 Stainless steel. Will come ceramic coated. I did not have my camera with me, sorry no pics. It will add some weight, did not have a scale, it is definately heavier, but it definately wont crack like the stock one.

Price should be around 550 CAN (dont quote me on this), Contact Alpine Motorsports to get one. Check out the Alpine booth to see it. Yes that is my horrible header sitting beside it.

When I get mine next week, I will post some pics up. It looks very nice.

Last edited:
D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Now that Alpine has it at the Edmonton Sled show, I sent my Nytro MCXpress header to Alpine Motorsports a couple weeks ago and had them make a header for it (thanks Blaine, looks awsome, nice work).
The jig is made and they will have a couple headers ready to go next week. Stock Pipe ID is 1.295 inches, new Pipe ID is 1.340, with a little smother flow as well. Comes with a little more bracing up front like the 2010 header and has the stock mounting bracket up front. Wall thickness is .08. Thicker turbo flange. 304 Stainless steel. Will come ceramic coated. I did not have my camera with me, sorry no pics. It will add some weight, did not have a scale, it is definately heavier, but it definately wont crack like the stock one.

Price should be around 550 CAN (dont quote me on this), Contact Alpine Motorsports to get one. Check out the Alpine booth to see it. Yes that is my horrible header sitting beside it.

When I get mine next week, I will post some pics up. It looks very nice.

I looked at it last nite, that is a great looking replacement, id make it part of the install if I built one.

Last edited:

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Here ya go.

IMG_5830.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_5829.jpg
[/IMG]

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
finally someone took on this project, talked to chad at cr over a year ago to make one with no luck. Love it and I think it will be a huge seller. wonder what the performance difference will be with the bigger tubing. thanks washy and thanks alpine.

S
Nov 29, 2007
salmon arm
this is how the pipes will look. they are made from 1.5 X 0.083 304L stainless all tig welded using the same procedures we use for the alpine headers. these pipes are available at Alpine Motorsports.(250-804-4334)

IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPG

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
this is how the pipes will look. they are made from 1.5 X 0.083 304L stainless all tig welded using the same procedures we use for the alpine headers. these pipes are available at Alpine Motorsports.(250-804-4334)

Nice looking replacement. I have one question. Why is there a weld seam on 2 of the pipes about 2 inches down from their inlets?

L
Nov 13, 2008
salmon arm
Nice looking replacement. I have one question. Why is there a weld seam on 2 of the pipes about 2 inches down from their inlets?

thanks, when we first designed our pipes we were to use aweld on inlet nipple similar to that on our replacement apex headers, which we did but we are in the process of making these a one piece tube up to the collector similar to the one none welded pipe.

Premium Features