• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 slp to cpi can?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
well heck guess i'll just chime in here! Da_wilks, love the cpi can behind the slp pipe. I will forwarn you, they are extremely loud. if you are climbing on solid snow, by the end of the day you are deaf in your right ear. I love the sound of it, it is unmistakeable. I will sell you the CPI can as I am going with a turbo this year so don't have a need for it anymore. It's got 1 season riding on it.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
I'm thinking of doing a CPI can just on my stock Pipe. Would really like to get a new pipe but don't have the money. Plus I don't have a dealer I trust to reflash for the SLP.

mr.bloomenrader 2 u

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2008
highmore sd
CPI can rocks

Had this exact system on my 05 900 RMK and absolutely rocked! Loved the noise! I had it reflashed just to be safe and SLP tells u to anyway when u put there pipe on. Give a shout out to "barh" as i just sold my setup to him and find out how he likes it.:face-icon-small-hap

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I switched from an SLP can to CPI can last Feb 09..I like it WAY better then the SLP can..i dont think its as loud as the guys above said..but its alot throaty-er and has a great BRAAAP to it..

IMO, CPI CAN IS WAY BETTER THEN SLP

P
Jan 19, 2009
i was thinking about taking the slp can off and changing to either a mbrp, rumble pack just cause i like the louder sound.. never heard of CPI before but i heard that with these smaller cans you lose power due to lack of back presure.. anyone know anything about this???

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
you wot lose any back pressure as long as the can is designed to go with that sled...if you were to use a can made for a new 700 on a 900, sure...but cant imagine any made for it being an issue..

here is CPI website..i have talked to them and they are excellent and very friendly..
not the best pic of it, but its a dual stinger pipe, same as i have and its great!

http://www.cpiracing.com/Products/Polaris Snowmoblie/P9GPM05/Default.aspx

Premium Features