• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clean Handle Bars

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Looking to get rid of the stuff on the left side of my handle bars. All I wan't is a brake handle and a P.E.R.C button.

What brake handle fits the stock brake line?

Where do I get just the single PERC button? Is it all plug and play or do I need to solder them in?

Is it possible to go to the newer style headlight/heaters swiches where they are on the console rather than the handle bars?

Thanks,
Nolan

F

Fast Freddie

Mar 1, 2009
Shoshone Idaho
Handel bar clean up

Nmmiles
Hear is a post i did a few weeks back!. It's on 900 tread( taller seat paige4/5 2 paige of post) wilwood master brake, new brake line to fit wilwood, poo. switches soldered in, 09 rev. perc button. hope this helps pm me if you have ?

Fast Freddie:beer;:beer;

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
Nmmiles
Hear is a post i did a few weeks back!. It's on 900 tread( taller seat paige4/5 2 paige of post) wilwood master brake, new brake line to fit wilwood, poo. switches soldered in, 09 rev. perc button. hope this helps pm me if you have ?

Fast Freddie:beer;:beer;

How well did the new console fit on our chassis?

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
The buttons are exactly that... buttons. They close a circuit when pressed.

Mountainhorse had a link to some billet kill switches, those may work. Also check out , he's got a handful of machined perch switches that i'd bet would look pretty slick on a sled.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Hmm was in the dealer the other day and really liked the look of the clean handle bars and the swithces on the console. I think I might try to do this. So i'm thinking I just find the wires going to the swithces on the bars disconnect them and wire them into the new swithes...Could it be that easy?

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
Hmm was in the dealer the other day and really liked the look of the clean handle bars and the swithces on the console. I think I might try to do this. So i'm thinking I just find the wires going to the swithces on the bars disconnect them and wire them into the new swithes...Could it be that easy?

It takes a little bit of time to figure out which wire is which and if you are any good at wiring and basic wiring theory then yes you can. Dealer switches are hella expensive though... I have an extra perc switch I will send you for just shipping. I ordered two of the wrong one.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
It takes a little bit of time to figure out which wire is which and if you are any good at wiring and basic wiring theory then yes you can. Dealer switches are hella expensive though... I have an extra perc switch I will send you for just shipping. I ordered two of the wrong one.
All get back to you. Going to take a look at how many wires there are and price out some new swithes and brake controller. If I can put a new wire harness in a pickup I think I should be able to handle this.

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
the headlight and mode/set are around 30$ from babbits. you can get a switch for a wilwood master cylinder or change out the brake line to use a banjo bolt switch like this one at the caliper

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
From looking on babbits I think it would be cheeper to just buy the entire 09 Dragon break handle set up with switch for $140.

I've checked into buying the entire brake assembly a couple different times from our local dealer and even though the part numbers were valid they said the part wasn't availble.:confused: Anyone else run into this?

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
The link should have took you right to the diagram but it didn't. If you look under poo 2009 Assault and under brake it is all there. Also if you click on console drop down it gives you part numbers for all the switches.

Premium Features