• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP's Snow Eliminators

Has anyone installed SLP's Snow Eliminators in their edge? If so, how were they to install? Special tools? Tunnel strength seem ok after installed?

Since an updated machine (D8 or M8) is out of the question this year, need to make this one more rider friendly. Just put a Boss seat on which only took 2 days to receive after I ordered it.

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
They are easy to install. I use a cut-off wheel on a die grinder and a air rivet gun. the tunnel is stronger after doing this.

T
Jan 4, 2009
Washington
Do it! This mod is cheap and the results are great.

The install is simple and easy. Mark out the area to be cut. Use a cut off wheel to make the cuts. I did not have one handy so i used a recripocating saw. That worked fine, but i had to use a grinder to make things look pretty. Put the snow eliminators in place and drill the holes for the rivets. Install the rivets and you are done! Its about a 45min job.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Better Boards. I've had them on my D7 and D8. Look cool and Rob is great for information.

One thing to be careful of...don't get boards on the IQ that have an "L" shape and bolt into the side of the tunnel. That can cause cracking of the tunnel.

S

Snocross 100

Oct 6, 2008
Better Boards. I've had them on my D7 and D8. Look cool and Rob is great for information.

One thing to be careful of...don't get boards on the IQ that have an "L" shape and bolt into the side of the tunnel. That can cause cracking of the tunnel.

Rob is Great and the better boards come powder coated which is really nice:)

Mitch P.

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Snohomish, Wa
Did the eliminators on my Escape last year. Well worth the money! Will be doing something to the new Dragon after I get it home this weekend. Still deciding on the BB's or the VE wide board kit.

B

boxster7614

Sep 20, 2008
My vote goes to WPR. Goes up the tunnel further and seems stonger also they come pre drilled for rivots, even come with a drill bit. They are all powder coated. I have better boards on my other sled I like these better. These were also cheaper picked them up for $152 from the local dealer compared to $190 for betterboards powdercoated version.

kdk_0406.jpg

B

boxster7614

Sep 20, 2008
Here is WRP website http://www.wr-products.com/products/runningboards/default.aspx

I got mine from Motofrugal in orem Ut. phone 801-224-5073 I paid $150 but they would charge another $10 to ship.

MSRP is $169 for the edge. but if you ask they should be able to get them to you for at least $160 shipped if not less, just ask for a deal. I think they are awsome product.

betterboards website http://www.snowmobilebetterboards.com they are $190 plus $20 shipping, so total would be $210

I think the WRP boards are better and stronger and at $55 cheaper you cant go wrong. Not that the betterboards arn't a great product, I have them on my other vertical escape, I just think they are over priced and I like the WRP design a little better.

M
Dec 2, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
I have been looking for prices up here Canada. WRP boards are about $200, SLP boards, I can get for about $150. Haven't heard from Better board dealer yet but am curious. Have read on this thread they are about $40 more that MRP. Are WRP worth the extra 50 bucks over the SLP board?

Last edited:
B

boxster7614

Sep 20, 2008
Take into account that the SLP boards are natural and are not available with powdercoat (to my knowledge). The WRP come powdercoated, they do not sell them natural. Better boards you can get in natural or powdercoated. The powdercoat really helps the snow not to stick to the boards like it does to raw or natural Aluminum . The price difference is mainly in the Powdercoating. I think the coating is worth the money Just my .02$

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Also check Meathooker on this forum. I have bought Better Boards and Meathookers's boards and they are nearly identical. Meathookers are a better price and I had him ship to me in Canada with no hassles at all. Had them landed in my door for under $200CDN.

Neither SE's or BB's

After posing this question here and doing some due diligence, decided to take a whole different approach and have Fabcraft put a new tunnel on it. The boards on the stock tunnel are very narrow and since I'm such a klutz and always loosing my footing, full of snow or not, I liked the idea of the wider boards on the Fabcraft tunnel. Now we just need more snow so I can get it out there and try it.

DSC01611.JPG

U
Dec 28, 2008
Has anyone had any problems with your sleds overheating after you installed either one of these snow eliminators?
I like (sometimes need) to pack snow on my rails when we have to ride the groomed trail. I do not have 'scratchers'. Are 'scratchers' a must when you put on snow eliminators?
thanks

Premium Features