• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Questions - 07 Summit X 800R

J
Jun 20, 2009
For the experts, a few questions about the 07 Summit X 800R I just picked up. 1300KM. I'm a cautious, attentive, intermediate rider. Riding will be split about 50/50 between the mountains and sea-level. What needs to be done to it for safe sea-level operation? My dealer wants me to spend hundreds to switch setups every time (wights, springs and computer I think they said). Also your thoughts on the following aftermarket products: Rail Reinforcement, Chassis Reinforcement, Running Board Reinforcement. Thanks.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
What elev. in the mountains? I would say you can get by with a 5-6000ft elev swing without any changes.
I never ran any reinforcements and it survived just fine. Bigger guys may need the running board braces.

D
Oct 28, 2009
well im pro racer for RMSHA well.... you dont have to do anything to your sled just adjustment jet and clutch and make sure your top rpm hit at between 8000 to 8200 RPM

Premium Features