• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

After Market Seat??

S
Oct 21, 2009
Just ordered a Boss seat for my 09 from sled-x, cheap shipping to Ak too. Not sure how will compare to new XP seats. But boss seat comes with storage and a tow rope.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Check the Doo site, they have a few different seat options and are less $$ than most aftermarket and better fit.

T
Nov 11, 2008
Why are you looking at an aftermarket seat? Don't like how the stock one feels? Want something more narrow? Taller? More comfortable? With Storage? You have $500 to burn? :rolleyes:

I would also check out the BRP site, or the 2010 catalog and look at the options on there. I think I will just buy one of the new covers that gives an extra inches in height for much less than a new seat and in cool colors.

H

hotshot

Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
Why are you looking at an aftermarket seat? Don't like how the stock one feels? Want something more narrow? Taller? More comfortable? With Storage? You have $500 to burn? :rolleyes:

I would also check out the BRP site, or the 2010 catalog and look at the options on there. I think I will just buy one of the new covers that gives an extra inches in height for much less than a new seat and in cool colors.

All of the above except for the 500 bones!:face-icon-small-hap

W

Wish

Apr 30, 2002
Tri Cities, WA
www.staceysdesign.com
We just got a Boss for mine....I LOVE the additional storage. The seat is narrower, so I think it's going to be a big plus for me this year....but the biggest advantage was adding some kind of storage!

B
Apr 22, 2009
Most seem to be happy with the XP seat. I have not yet ridden my 2010 X, but sure feels good in the shop. What we are lacking is storage.....I wish someone would come up with a solution to add a storage system (like BOSS) to the rear of these seats. I believe it would be a hot item for retailers. Even though there are several tunnel solutions, there are times when I would rather not carry that bag back there. JMO

B

beans

Nov 27, 2007
Preston, WA

I have a complete seat with a High Rise cover installed for sale. All black gives you 1 inch of extra height.

The cover costs $229 in the BRP catalog. This is a complete base, foam and cover. No install needed.

$175

Last edited:
S
Nov 27, 2007
The Northwest
Boss seat

I just bought last years Boss seat for my 08 XP. I didn't like this years new one and it didn't look like the extra bag would work with my gas rack. Got it for cheap from Jet Chevrolet at the snow show.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
IMO, the Boss is the best on the market. The additional storage is a huge plus, the doo cover and WRP seat have no storage. The comfort and ride postion are excellent. At $399 retail no one else compares.

Premium Features