• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

removal of header pipe from turbo nytro

P

polarman

Nov 29, 2007
Ok, header pipe is broke so I dissassemble everything unbolt the exaust from manifold, and here I sit looking for ideas on how to get it apart. It is like heat welded I cannot chisel it off. I have pounded on it for 2 nights now and looking for ideas to help get it off!:rolleyes:

Thanks

S

SPOOLED

Dec 4, 2007
northern bc
you have to remove the flex pipes first for the header wont pull straight back it has to go forward first to unhook it. that is if you haven't done so already .

P

polarman

Nov 29, 2007
Yes MC Xpress

And yes I know you have to unhook the bellows first. Even if I hadn't, the pipe is broke free all the way around. It is the manifold to the turbo that is stuck!

Thanks

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151849

If it would not have broke off I would have had to cut the pipe in half to get it apart. Then with the 2 sections you have to beat the living crap out of it to get it apart. If you read my thread I used extremely small flathead screwdrivers to wedge the 2 pieces apart.

On reassembly I put anti-seize goop on all the connections.

Good luck.

Premium Features