• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What a difference!!!!

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
I just finally got the sled back together and did the following upgrades/maintenance:

06 motor mounts
06 intake boots
new fuel filter
Cleaned up VES and new parts
Grade 8 hardware all around
FBF Throttle/Oiler cable

The sled runs absolutely mint! I cannot believe how smooth it idles now. It used to shake really bad at idle now it is as smooth as silk. Im am so glad I did the motor mounts and grade 8 hardware. Not to mention the sled started on the 4 pull....which I thought was pretty good. The FBF cable is a definite upgrade and should be considered on all 900 sleds. The throttle pull is also silky smooth with this cable. Anyways just wanted to throw out the heads up that if anyone is thinking about doing this (especially if you have your motor out) it is completely worth it!!!:beer; Couldnt be happier right now....:beer; Shout out to Crix one more time for all the great help!!!:beer;

Jack

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
OEM; straight from the dealer....

My sled had the 05's in there so I upgraded to the 06's

Last edited:
G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
Did I read somewhere that when upgrading to compfusion mounts and 06 rear mounts the torque arm and stops are not needed anymore?

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
Did I read somewhere that when upgrading to compfusion mounts and 06 rear mounts the torque arm and stops are not needed anymore?

Im pretty sure Compfusion said you dont need them after you do his mounts, they are top notch and a great upgrade for any 900, Also the FBF cable is a must for these sleds. Like stated above GRADE 8 EVERYTHING if you go to all the trouble of pulling your motor.

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada

I do recommend guys try the kit by itself at first as usually no more restraints are needed. Bolting the engine in too tight can have a negative impact on the sled as well. While the mag-side stop really doesn't hurt I feel the torque arm does hold the engine tighter than it needs.

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
While the 700 doesn't usually suffer to the extent of the 900 better engine mounting will result in more consistant clutching and performance. As far as I know there are a few 700s with my kit...maybe some of the owners will post results.

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
My kit was never designed to aid in vibration reduction. Its primary function was to maintain good alignment reducing belt wear and give more consistant performance. That being said many guys have reported improvement after doing the upgrade. While a different mount may help I suspect that much of the improvement can be attributed to the simple fact of removing and replacing the primary clutch properly...not to mention that some clutches may have been balanced at the same time.

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
I do recommend guys try the kit by itself at first as usually no more restraints are needed. Bolting the engine in too tight can have a negative impact on the sled as well. While the mag-side stop really doesn't hurt I feel the torque arm does hold the engine tighter than it needs.

Well being as my torque arm bushings are pretty sacked out I will go ahead and try without.

Thanks Colin

Premium Features