• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Renegade 1000sdi turbo.

G
Apr 23, 2008
I have 3 in shop that were aerocharged and never ran more than a mile,
They are ALL being converted to carbs / carb ignition and GARETTS.
One was bought turnkey and still has NEVER made it out of the driveway..LOL
I will be giving the owners BACK there aeroscrap/ electronics and throttlebodies..

$6000 for a complete set up for carbs. includes carbs, manifolds, motor mounts, wiring harness( oem doo ) all ignition components, fuel pump ,regulator and throttle cable.

Get in touch with Robyn Rydening, he is up to date on what I am doing with the rt and turbos.

Gus

C

cs1006

Jan 1, 2008
to the best of my knowledge there is no one out with a sea level rt kit, gus bohne whom has all ready replied on this thread will be your best bet , his stuff is all ready running at sea level , others are only speculating .

H
Nov 26, 2007
Close to Mountains
I've seen Powderlites run for years. :D
Maybe the other guy (Gus) has a good kit just never heard of him.

Oh by the way Gus I have a Areo and it has been turn key for 3 seasons, guess I won the lottery eh !!!!

Last edited:
T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
If you are going to do a boosted 1000 the very first thing you better do is pitch the stock fuel system. Go to carbs. Gus is your best bet on making one that runs. His system works, he is a for runner in two stroke turbo charging and can tell you exactly why it needs to be done his way.
As for a difference in fuel control on the stock system working, I have my doubts. But, maybe at lower boost levels or easier running conditions it could survive. Not my first choice though.

Jake

C

cs1006

Jan 1, 2008

Oh by the way Gus I have a Areo and it has been turn key for 3 seasons, guess I won the lottery eh !!!!
i have an aerocharged 2 stroke also at sea level, the only person that can respectfully take credit for making a 2 stroke turbo run is glenn hall on a cat, but factory help is good too , the main rnd guys at brp checked into rewriting a file for us on the ecm and the price was astronomical, ive spoken with gus a few times now wait it out a bit i believe hes reworking a set of throttle bodies as we speak, check his crudentials he is the real deal , hemi, powderlites has been around for awhile your right ,there is some nytro stuff floating around that we see in eastern canada but the results arent great hope this helps , i tend to agree with jake on this one

Last edited:
R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
If you want to keep EFI we have it for boost or NA and with timing control coming.
Only way to really make these sleds go is having a good EFI control system.
www.powderlites.com

Is this EFI control system with boost and temp sencors?

How well does it correct for altitude/boost and temperature in turbo aplications? I have a buddy who wants me to build a turbokit on a 600SDI. Can I use this box on a 600 sdi?

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway

I know Gus makes mostly hige hp/boost. And the Aerocharger is not lasting good above 15 psi. I have run 10-12 psi in pumpgas sleds with Aerocharger that have worked very good.

What sled/mods and boost are you running?

Last edited:
R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
Do you have a complete kit with everything I need to use this at sea level with pump gas???

Reegards mr.Olsen

Dont you have 100LL up there? It will do it much easier to get very good hp and a reliable sled.

I have a Rev 800 with a turbo kit I made my self. With a Aerocharger 66 turbo,10:1 comp, 10-12 psi boost and 98okt pumpgas.That worked very good,had some issues with reed cage and the pipe welds that let go..Could run it up to 2km WOT on 10psi boost. But its a lot of work tuning in sled to work on pumpgas. The main key is to get the clutching right so you can be at hige rpm/ light load, no boost on midrange cruise. This way you stay off boost when cruising and a colder engine, and it gives very good spool up.

I think the RT1000 engine is a very good engine to turbo,but you need to get all the fuel in the crankcase to get better cooling of the pistons, at least with pumpgas. If you go with EFI you need to change the positions of the 2 injectors to get that mixure also in the crank. Going with carbs you solve this.

G
Apr 23, 2008
BSP is building ( 2 ) test /demo injected rt turbos with ALL the correct fuel system upgrades "" none of the stock system is useable"" AND placement of injectors too keep the engine alive and happy for years of service.

These will be Garrett only sytems, 100 motor octane minimum. no lower !

I will keeep the thread updated as to our progress with this undertaking.

Though I do not feel efi is any better for racing than good old carbs, I do understand that wide swings in altitudes and temps more readily tuned with buttons.

Gus

Dont you have 100LL up there? It will do it much easier to get very good hp and a reliable sled.

I have a Rev 800 with a turbo kit I made my self. With a Aerocharger 66 turbo,10:1 comp, 10-12 psi boost and 98okt pumpgas.That worked very good,had some issues with reed cage and the pipe welds that let go..Could run it up to 2km WOT on 10psi boost. But its a lot of work tuning in sled to work on pumpgas. The main key is to get the clutching right so you can be at hige rpm/ light load, no boost on midrange cruise. This way you stay off boost when cruising and a colder engine, and it gives very good spool up.

I think the RT1000 engine is a very good engine to turbo,but you need to get all the fuel in the crankcase to get better cooling of the pistons, at least with pumpgas. If you go with EFI you need to change the positions of the 2 injectors to get that mixure also in the crank. Going with carbs you solve this.
Have just been buying 1000l of 100LL so now we are just waiting for Gus to be ready to ship=)=)

Premium Features