• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ALL NEW Electro-Boost to debut at the Puyallup Snow Show 10%+ gain!!!

T

Trinity Taz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Just a little heads up that we are set to debut an incredible new bolt-on performance product for the 800 XP's. It has been a long two years of testing trying to keep this thing quiet, and it's finally time to release it. Gain a whopping ten plus percent horsepower gain on top of any motor mods for less than $800!
Hope to see you there, look for the Electro-boost banner in the NW corner of the building.

T

Trinity Taz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Theres no info on the web site as of yet, but heres some info:

"Electroboost is an innovative new approach to adding affordable horsepower to your Ski-doo XP 800 without sacrificing reliability.

At the heart of the Electroboost is an incredibly lightweight, electrically-powered (50 A, 12VDC) forced-air induction fan called the E-Ram. Adapted from the automotive racing world, the Patented E-Ram Supercharger is a race-tested and reliable horsepower-adding bolt-on product for any engine up to five liters.

Between the Lines Designs has secured exclusive rights to this awesome product and adapted it for the rigorous use and high demands of snowmobile engines. After a testing period of two years and verifiable dyno testing, rest assured that the all-new Electroboost will add an incredible 10% + boost in horsepower and maintain reliability and functionability of your XP.

Electroboost works in conjunction with your stock altitude compensation system and is safe to run anywhere above 1800 feet above sea level. When activated, Electroboost will cause your engine to over-rev about 250 RPM, so a clicker setting change is recommended. Electroboost activates at wide open throttle only, so there are no suprises when cruising or boondocking. A master switch controls when you wish to arm the system for automatic activation.

On electric start models, use of the stock battery is recommended; for non-electric start models, a battery mounting system is provided to accomodate nearly any battery of choice. For the race-blooded enthusiast, a poly-lithium ion battery is available which will allow for all-day use of the Electroboost without taxing your charging system. "

Kit Weight: 4lb, 6 oz. (minus battery of choice)
Kit install replaces stock airbox (minus 4 lb. airbox)
Net Gain: 6 oz weight (on electric start models, no weight is added)

Electroboost Electric Air Induction

MSRP: $795.00
Non-Electric Start Models

$745.00
Electric Start Models

Poly-Lithium Ion Battery (4 1/2 lbs,50A. Continuous Output)

$945

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
World Debut! Come by the my booth (T39) and see it in action. Completely installed on a '09 800 hillclimb edition.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
show some pix. I hope this isnt one of those boat bilge fans idiots were sellin for cars as electric s/c/:mad:

Last edited:
B
Nov 21, 2007
Enumclaw,Wa
show some pix. I this isnt one of those boat bilge fans idiots were sellin for cars as electric s/c/:mad:

Hey smart guy, before slinging any mud about a product on here, learn how to spell check your dumbazz comments.

( I this isnt ) wtf...................translation= isn't this

( sellin ) wtf.........................that's as bad as wanting to AX me a question.

Don't be a dick........dick

Big:D

T

Trinity Taz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The Electro-boost is no joke!
The % gains are verifiable by Reggie Sellers from Highmark Performance in Boise, Idaho, who conducted the dyno session on a Land and Sea water brake dyno.
Tests were conducted on a heat-soaked engine condition to simulate real-world conditions, not taken off the top as a show run.
The Electroboost has been tested for two years on a variety of sleds including an RT1000, an M7, a Firecat 700, and a Rev XP 800. NO engine troubles were reported resulting from the Electroboost and ALL experienced substantial performance gains from the seat-of-the-pants feel. It was not uncommon to have a 100+ ft. highmark elevation gain from this kit.
Day in, day out. The higher the elevation run at, the greater the gains.
We are not releasing this kit lightly. It is only through extensive testing (over 4000 miles) and strict oversight that we are standing behind this product.

Bar none, it will be a great, low-cost bolt-on performance kit for your XP...more models to come as it progresses.

Hope you like it:face-icon-small-hap

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
Hey smart guy, before slinging any mud about a product on here, learn how to spell check your dumbazz comments.

( sellin ) wtf.........................that's as bad as wanting to AX me a question.

Big:D

If this is the same thing as they were trying to sell for cars it won't work. I own one and have installed it on many motors and it actually slowed 0-60 times. It was supposed to make boost on a 6.1 l hemi. But it wouldn't make boost when it was necked down to a 1" out let on the shop floor hooked to a bulldozer battery. I'll sell it to anyone for 100 bucks. Cost us 200.

G
Apr 23, 2008
This just gets beat like a dead horse over and over...
Blowers do not work on 2 strokes at anything over 5-7 psi.. ..

These electric compressors have been around and peddled for 20 years..

Where's the dyno data ?
at best 10% thats 12 hp for 1700$$ +

gus

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
If this is the same thing as they were trying to sell for cars it won't work. I own one and have installed it on many motors and it actually slowed 0-60 times. It was supposed to make boost on a 6.1 l hemi. But it wouldn't make boost when it was necked down to a 1" out let on the shop floor hooked to a bulldozer battery. I'll sell it to anyone for 100 bucks. Cost us 200.

I am not saying that this will work, but have you ever calculated the cfm of a V8 engine and compared it to an 800cc two stroke?

An 800 cc motor turning 8500 rpm will require about 100-120 cfm where as a 427 ci motor turning 687-827.

I am sure there are electric fans that could create positive pressure on a small motor like ours but I wouldn't expect a small fan could consistently produce 800+cfm. I can't wait to see the dyno's.

Rt

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
I am not saying that this will work, but have you ever calculated the cfm of a V8 engine and compared it to an 800cc two stroke?

An 800 cc motor turning 8500 rpm will require about 100-120 cfm where as a 427 ci motor turning 687-827.

I am sure there are electric fans that could create positive pressure on a small motor like ours but I wouldn't expect a small fan could consistently produce 800+cfm. I can't wait to see the dyno's.

Rt
Well we got this to run in a car. When it didn't work I thought that it would for sure work on my xp 800. The manufacturer claims the blower would put out 1000 cfm. So if it was supposed to make 3lbs in a challenger It should make pressure when we neck down the output side of the device to 1" from the 3.5" that it came with. However there was no boost what so ever. So I gave up on the idea of hooking it up on a 800cc two stroke.
The aerocharger web sight claims that a two stroke 800cc motor at 8500 rpm will flow 292cfm. So the electric blower should work if it works like they say it does. but the only problem is that it didn't work like they say it should. I wish it would. Three lbs of boost would give us somewhere close to sea level hp at our riding elevation. Well closer to sea level hp anyway.
In fact the E-Ram is the exact product we purchased.

Last edited:
I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007

All fixed there for you big dick.

S
Aug 31, 2008

All fixed there for you big dick.

Clean it up guys or I'll lock the thread, If you dont have anything constructive to say keep it to your self.

Premium Features