• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What size of gears??

I got a 1999 thundercat 1000 and im extending my track out to a 153. Im putting No-Slip 3.0 pitch 7 tooth drivers by Wahl Bros on it and was trying to figure out whats a good gear ratio for this platform since im changing up every thing on it?

T
Jan 27, 2008
lapine oregon
gearing

i droped from the 9" drivers down to 8" but stayed with the 2.52 pitch. as for gears go with the hyvo gears from wps. if you cant get them let me know i can order them through my shop and send them to you. dont go any smaller then a 19 tooth on your top gear because of chain binding, ( to tight of a turn for these cats). on your bottom gear dont go any bigger then a 46 tooth because of chain clearence to the case. you do need to change your chain when going with this combo. any ? let me know.

T

Team Wild

Aug 13, 2008
Belgrade, MT
Is 18 tooth to small of gear for any cat? i want this on my 580 but I don't need the chain binding. I was planning 18 and 44 these are 13 wide. I was just going to order these now I'm not sure.

Premium Features