• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit X shock setup in the west

A
It seems most of the folks doing shock work don’t specialize in Doo Summit setups. Not looking to buy shocks, just have my X shocks re-valved and matched springs by someone that rides their setups. Found flatlanders that do orders to spec, or shops that don’t work on Doos but will work on the shocks. All the places I’ve talked to are great on the phone, have great rep, but they don’t ride the summits. Maybe just leave well enough alone, or is this not that complicated? Found plenty of threads about aftermarket suspensions, not much on the cheap.

Thanks!

BOHICA

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Colorado
I was in the same boat last year. I took a chance and sent mine off to Ian at Monster Performance & Custom. He's in upstate NY and i'm pretty sure he doesn't ride a Summit but he did a great job on my rear shocks. I had him revalve my fronts this year along with getting me the correct rate springs for my weight (about 250). His prices are good along with a quick turn around.
www.monsterperf.com
518-320-5704

Mark

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
It seems most of the folks doing shock work don’t specialize in Doo Summit setups. Not looking to buy shocks, just have my X shocks re-valved and matched springs by someone that rides their setups. Found flatlanders that do orders to spec, or shops that don’t work on Doos but will work on the shocks. All the places I’ve talked to are great on the phone, have great rep, but they don’t ride the summits. Maybe just leave well enough alone, or is this not that complicated? Found plenty of threads about aftermarket suspensions, not much on the cheap.

Thanks!

FETT BRos stage 1 valving and next stiffest rear springs and let out limiter to the last hole...BJ

P

papa bear

Nov 26, 2007
Hobart, WA
FETT BRos stage 1 valving and next stiffest rear springs and let out limiter to the last hole...BJ

I have the 2010, not a 08 or 09. The strap on the 2010 is longer than what it needs to be. Unbolt the strap, lift the rear suspension off the ground, the "last hole" is effectively like having no strap at all.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I have the 2010, not a 08 or 09. The strap on the 2010 is longer than what it needs to be. Unbolt the strap, lift the rear suspension off the ground, the "last hole" is effectively like having no strap at all.

no more rt?:eek:

T
Nov 11, 2008
not cheap...but...

If you really wanted the best of the best, Enzo racing is likely your best choice but it comes at a cost. Maybe you can contact them if you are interested for further info but of everyone I have talked to who had their X shocks done they say an Enzo set up is awesome. Should I ever get my shocks revalved it will be Enzo.

http://www.enzoracingcanada.com/services.htm

Premium Features