• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 BD700 Dragon

D
Jan 1, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
Any suggestions on how much to vent this sled? I've got the Fire n Ice headlight replacement and the shock tower vents. They say its good like that but I know from past experience more venting was always better. Thanks.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
more vents the better! i have paul's hi-flow stirrup vents, shock tower vents, lower side pannel vents, side intake vents, windshield intake vents, headlight intake vent on my sled this year hoping it will help keep under hood temps cooler, on my spring hood i run the intake out of the hood, and have a giant vent in the middle of it as well

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
Vents

I have the same sled/set up. Last year I ran R&M side panel vents and the slp shock tower and stirrup vents. It worked great but this year I want to add the electronic boost controller and start running more boost. So, I might add the Fire n Ice headlight replacement kit, not sure yet.
Have you been out on that sled yet?? Last year I didn't go much beyond 8 lbs of boost. I didn't have any problems at 8. Looking to find others with the same sled setup and see how high they were able to go before having to dial it back down. I did run 30% 110 Sunoco just to be safe.

D
Jan 1, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
I'm considering the ebc and the after cooler as well. For the money will I notice the gain? What is the highest amount of boost I can run w/o race fuel? Previously I had an 02 RMK w/ series 53 Aerocharger and loved the way it ran, how does the BD Dragon compare... Can't wait to find out.
I like the idea of not having the side panel vents for stealth purposes. For what belts cost I have to believe the side vents are a plus. My 08 800 Dragon with an SLP single just kept getting better perf. the more vents I added. I had a belt explode and ruin piece above the foot rest so I went w/ the Fire N Ice replacements and really liked the look as well as ventilation.

Premium Features