• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Getting a Recall clearance letter....

O
Oct 19, 2008
Am I better to try the manufacturer or go to a dealer???
Dont want to pay the dealer if the manu. will do it for free

F

Flange509

Dec 1, 2007
Colorado
You should not need the letter, the dealer will go off the vin for the recall. Took mine in and gettin done now.

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I think what he means is a recall clearance letter for importing from the US. I believe you need to go to a dealer but try the factory and see what happens.
Call a couple dealers, someone may do it for nothing.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Sorry I f*cking asked!

The 08 and newer 800 recall has been all over the 4m for months, excuse me if I find it amusing that someone doesn't know about it. relax, before you have a stroke. It's even talked about in the doo, yam , and ac sections for crying out loud.

The recall gets you new pistons,head, and reflash.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
The 08 and newer 800 recall has been all over the 4m for months, excuse me if I find it amusing that someone doesn't know about it. relax, before you have a stroke. It's even talked about in the doo, yam , and ac sections for crying out loud.

The recall gets you new pistons,head, and reflash.

yes that would make sense if this was, say, the IQ sub-forum, but its not, its the edge forum. so it would make sense if someone was confused about someone mentioning a recall in the edge sub-forum. because in the intial post the was no mention of 08-newer. because companys can release recalls at a later date. so lets not basicly call someone a retard.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
yes that would make sense if this was, say, the IQ sub-forum, but its not, its the edge forum. so it would make sense if someone was confused about someone mentioning a recall in the edge sub-forum. because in the intial post the was no mention of 08-newer. because companys can release recalls at a later date. so lets not basicly call someone a retard.

I don't look in those, I just browse all. Like I said, just about everybody knows.

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
you have to read better

the guy is looking for info on a recall clearance letter needed to export a sled. He's not asking about a recall.

Premium Features