• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wheels for IceAge Rails

mud99

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2009
Truckee, CA
Which wheels and how many wheels should I run on an Apex Mountain with a Mountain Tamer Skid & IceAge Rails?

According to IceAge, I need 8" wheels. Can I get away with using the stock Yamaha wheels, or will I have problems?

Also, if I go to 8" wheels, can I run only 2? It seems to work for the Nytro, but the Apex is a different beast.

Mark

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana
I run 2 billet wheels with a arctic cat two wheel axle kit on my Apex with no problems I think the stocks might be a little to small I could run a 9" on mine with no problems if I wanted to 8's work just fine

mud99

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2009
Truckee, CA
I just ordered the BDX Two Wheel Kit - it looks like it will fit, my guess is that I still need to find the two plastic pieces which prevent the wheels from sliding sideways and which the adjuster rests on.

Anyone know where to get these? I guess they would have come with an arctic cat, so maybe one of their dealers might be able to order it.

Mark

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
I'm using an M-series rear axel assy with 8" AC wheels. Talk to Budd he will get you set-up correct. I think you can even use the Polaris bushings and spacers.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Hey Mud,

I know that these pics were put up on TY for you and you already bought your stuff, just throwing out other options for whoever is interested.

DSC00536.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

Ice Age rails with Cat adjusters with the "3 wheel kit" :D

scmurs :beer;

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
there should be a model number engraved on your iceage rails that gives the specifics. if the model number yours should be something like 162yamts8 which means 162 rail for yamaha, timbersled mounts, 8 inch axle offest. so if your model number ends with 8 then yes you should run 8 inch wheels and you can how ever many wheels you desire, i have the same skid setup as you and i run a MMP freedom axle with three 9 inch wheels, if you are still useing your stock track adjusters you can most likely run your stock axle setup and just some new 8 inch wheels.

Premium Features