• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Importing turbo apex with aftermarket tunnel?

T
Feb 24, 2008
alberta,canada
I have searched the threads about importing sleds just not enough info about a mod apex. it has vin. no and title,letter of recall& compliance.Can it be imported &pass riv inspection? Please tell me about your sucesses or failures in detail please. Thanks.

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
I have searched the threads about importing sleds just not enough info about a mod apex. it has vin. no and title,letter of recall& compliance.Can it be imported &pass riv inspection? Please tell me about your sucesses or failures in detail please. Thanks.

date of manufacture MUST be clear to read, they gave me a real hard time last time i crossed because the sticker was chipped off. Now with a diffferent tunnel and stuff all i can say hope you get someone who is in a good mood. they always go and check the vin on the machine to make sure it is the right one your bringing across so in your case i dont know what they will do maybe someone on here has imported this kind of sled.

Ronker100

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2008
Customes

I imported one, the boarder control did'nt even look at it, I think it depends on which boarder you cross..If your woried about it just pull the turbointake off so they dont see that it is a modded up sled. as far as the inspection goes, canadian tire, no problem make sure u haveall paper work in hand and as fare as the sn# on the tunnel I just used a punch to punch the sn#on the delta box,they do want to see that and whether they are on the tunnel or the delta box they don't care..or know any diferent.
hope that helps. If you have any more questions feel to pm me
Ron

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Just say it is strictly for show and shine and drag racing and then riv does not even have to get involved

riv wont' have anything to do with show and shine or drag racing. it's just the fee you pay(gouge and screw tax on top of the good ol gst.lol) like lightening said, with the aftermarket tunnel you won't have a manufactured date on it. if your worried, look on recall letter or ask a dealer down there if they can look up vin number and check date of manufacture. get a decal made up and slap it on there. check out a stock machine and make it as close to. you shouldn't have any problems though.

M
May 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
riv wont' have anything to do with show and shine or drag racing. it's just the fee you pay(gouge and screw tax on top of the good ol gst.lol) like lightening said, with the aftermarket tunnel you won't have a manufactured date on it. if your worried, look on recall letter or ask a dealer down there if they can look up vin number and check date of manufacture. get a decal made up and slap it on there. check out a stock machine and make it as close to. you shouldn't have any problems though.

Fantastic advice. You need to make sure there are no questions asked, because if they don't see the answer, you could be up a creek. With a cheap custom decal you will save yourself a world of pain.

R
Nov 26, 2007
Saskatchewan
I've brought a bunch of stuff up from the US and I brought a sled up a few months ago. They wanted to see the Manufacture date and would not allow it in until they saw it. I had called and asked about a modded sled as well and the border guy I talked to said "forget it" If it didnt have the sticker he wasnt letting it in. So.. Make sure it has the ser # and man date clearly stuck on the side of the tunnel or somewhere it can be found or you could be in for a lot of headaches. Just my .02.

Premium Features