• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

jumping nextech float conversion?

D
Jan 9, 2008
i was wondering how the nextech fox float rear shock conversion improves the jumping performance of the xp? does setting the suspension up with a float to not bottom out have a seriously negative effect on weight transfer and handling?

R
Nov 16, 2008
Installed a NextTech rear float on my 08 XP 163, LOVED IT !
I ran it all last year, no bottoming out ! increased the ride height and did not change any of the chracteristics for side hilling etc.

B

beans

Nov 27, 2007
Preston, WA
With the conversion do you lose the torsion springs? It is tough to tell what the kit includes on the Nextech site.

Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB
The install instructions allow keeping the factory springs for heavier applications or jumping. I took mine out for the weight savings and cleaner look. It's best to get the additional canister and then the pressure can be increased resulting in usable travel that isn't too soft. They're just like any Float and you have to narrow in on the best air pressure to run and that takes a while.

R
Nov 16, 2008
I left my torsion springs in, the reason is I,m 200lbs without gear . ...........230lbs with all gear, abs avi bag ,shovel, probe etc. Plus tunnelbag, fuel caddy.
I also have the remote resivior on the shock for better tuneability.......
BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK !
08 summit 163

ogio

Lifetime Membership
Aug 31, 2012
I just purchased one with the remote reservoir and am wondering wht psi to run at. I'm 190-195 lbs without gear, and running it on a 154" xp skid. Should I leave the springs or compensate with psi? Would rather loose the springs give it that really clean and open look

I ride mostly in BC and have to cover up to 30 km of rough trail most of the time.
Also like to jump lots and drop on a range of 20-60 ft.

Jus

Premium Features