• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

hand guard-wind deflector kit

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
The stock wind-deflector is basically useless. The hand guards are nice. But you can get good aftermarket handguards from WPS. I got the Acrebis ones that are metal framed and have a plastic guard bolted to them. They are awsome. Many a tree has been hit with them and they are still ok. Get the ones that wrap from the bar and attach to the bar end. See first pic in the hawk pic thread.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Original equipment?

handguards.jpg

Polisport was the supplier of the hand guards and AD Boivin meerly supplied the center folded plastic piece, similar material to the factory snow flap at the rear of the track. I purchased these back in 2003 for $80.00 including shipping and was disgusted.
snow_hawk2.gif
handwrap.jpg

There was a snap on low rise windshield offered in the year 2008 for trail 800 models, and hand guards were of the single clamp Power Madd brand, only metal is in the inward mount and screws.
Not well suited for a tumbling Oneski, better reserved for a Weeble Wobble!:face-icon-small-hap
weeble.jpg

Save your money get some Aluminum reinforced off road hand guards from your local off road orientated motorcycle store, they double as a lift handle when newbies wipe out!
dsc_0010.jpg

Look through a catolog or online such as JC Whitney were they sell low budget street wind shields for guys who want wind protection for dual sport or factory fairingless motorcycles. This is solely for you poor suckas who have to ride snow covered roads, and stick to property boundries!:D

Otherwise buy a top shelf helmet.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
"This is solely for you poor suckas who have to ride snow covered roads, and stick to property boundries!"

thanks a$$hole.....i KNOW that was a direct hit at me!!!hahahahaha
club rules= stay between the stakes or you will be charged with tresspassing!!! snow in the forecast for friday!!!!!!!!!

Premium Features