• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

S Chassis Custom Trailing Arms, Anyone Interested?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello I have made a set of custom trailing arms out of a set of bent stock trailing arms from my S Chassis 97` Summit and I was thinking of makeing a few more sets that are actually about the same disign but will not be from a original arm,
I wondering if anyone would be interested in a set.

The set in the pics are from the original arms and are a rough draft in sort to say. they aren`t chromoly and are not a huge weigh loss but do weigh 2lbs lighter than the stock arms, my second set would be lighter than that by a bit. and be a better design.

They have removeable rear sections so if you were to smack somethin like stumps or trees etc. the rear section can be easily replaced out in the woods if needed, which is why I built them. They do not have a mount for the Swaybar.

If I get alot of interest in these. I will try to make some chromoly ones too.
I just need to find a good source in where to purchase the tubing. Local metal shops around here seem to high priced, and don`t seem to really care to sell you any or not. Not my kind or Service I expect. anyway.

How many of ya would be interested in a set of these? If I made a few more sets they would include one extra rear replacement arm. and probably come Black in Color

Thank, Darren
wildcard28@msn.com

006.jpg 005 (2).jpg 007 (2).jpg 027.jpg 025.jpg

Last edited:
E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
Could have used these for the last baker shootout, i bent my right trailing arm a few weeks before we went, got a replacement, but barely made it. Stock pile a bunch, trust me, you cant find these ANYWHERE! I would know... And if your thinking about calling ANY ski doo dealers in Washington state for a stock trailing arm, don't, ive called them alll!!! NONE! ahahaha!

Last edited:

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
Could have used these for the last baker shootout, i bent my right trailing arm a few weeks before we went, got a replacement, but barely made it. Stock pile a bunch, trust me, you cant find these ANYWHERE! I would know... And if your thinking about calling ANY ski doo dealers in Washington state for a stock trailing arm, don't, ive called them alll!!! NONE! ahahaha!

FYI

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
I build those, and have been for over 5 years. Wont get into whose looks like whose.:D

As far as price.... what do other aftermarket companies charge for rebuildable lightweight trailing arms? Just curious, I've seen as high as $800/set. but haven't exactly searched out everyone building them. I know what it takes me to get the parts laser cut, buy the tubing, the expensive heim joint, the aluminum and time it takes to weld/paint and wont do it for less and actually have been told my price is very reasonable. Most companies are getting away from making them and one way to do that is just price themselves out of the game, if they are going to make them it's going to be well worth their time I guess.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
I build those, and have been for over 5 years. Wont get into whose looks like whose.:D

As far as price.... what do other aftermarket companies charge for rebuildable lightweight trailing arms? Just curious, I've seen as high as $800/set. but haven't exactly searched out everyone building them. I know what it takes me to get the parts laser cut, buy the tubing, the expensive heim joint, the aluminum and time it takes to weld/paint and wont do it for less and actually have been told my price is very reasonable. Most companies are getting away from making them and one way to do that is just price themselves out of the game, if they are going to make them it's going to be well worth their time I guess.

now iam having a hard time!!
jsledder's look really good! And $295 is not to bad of a price!!:D
I looked some brands up that were $500, $650 and $775!:confused::confused:
And yours(jsledder) are saving 3 pounds per side!:eek::eek:
Iam having a hard time figuring out which set to buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area

Now that i think about it, i bought my right OEM, used trailing arm for $100. So, $200 for a used pair. So, i guess $300 is definately resinable. I guess it just sounds bad cuz i can't afford it right now... :rolleyes:. I wasnt saying they wernt worth it, i just dont have $300 bones. :p. keep em comin, im sure they'l sell... :cool:

repairboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2007
Lincoln,NE
Got two 98 x's with some what that style aftermarket trailing arm, replaceable rear bar is aluminum with heim joint, also have stock trailing arms can sell if anyone interested, and yes they are straight

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com

Yes I know what you mean I have been researchin in the materials and supplies it would take to make some sets of these. they are pricey and your prices I beleive are reasonable. I would like to do this myself not in the next few days but yes in the future. And I am not trying to reinvent a wheel here, most of the designs are somewhat simialiar cause thats kinda how it works out when designing a set of these. Not a whole lot of options cause yo can`t get a bunch of unescesary materials in them or you go backwards, Not counting whether you have the equipment to produce any. I will make a few sets of these but not going to worry about being anyones competition.

If you look in a Mod Stock book you do find a few sets and they cost uh, WOW, Fabcraft is the most reasonable is that area but still over 4bills.

Not sure what I wouild ask for a set. Have to build my first real set first, these ones were my experimental ones which I think came out good,

Serious orders or requests could speed up the process too.

when I start buildin these. I will also offer other stuff too, like steering posts and custom front and rear suspension arms. Patients please.

wildcard28

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
Hey, I'm all for Free Enterprise and if Wildcard wants to get into the game, more power to you man.... Have fun doing it and I wish you luck. Didn't want to turn this into anything and definately didn't mean to hijack your thread, if I did.... Sorry. Just kind of took me off guard to see something so similar to what I've been doing, I just HAD to comment....:D:beer;

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I have the first ones jsledder built for the S-chassis and they are still holding up great!! I have smashed into rocks and stumps and have only slightly bowed the replaceable tube. They straighten out easy enough. I always get a spare shaft for any trailing arm I buy. I think Jeff has increased the wall thickness since mine were built. Thanks again Jeff.

We'll hook up this winter and actually ride:D.

Dave

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
I've made some changes to that part of it. My first run were a little on the weak side and would bend a little too easy, takes a little bit bigger birch tree to bend these ones.;)

You mean you wont ditch me this time????:D:beer; Man, I still have dreams about the snow that weekend, that was just awesome!!!!

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Yes I know what you mean I have been researchin in the materials and supplies it would take to make some sets of these. they are pricey and your prices I beleive are reasonable. I would like to do this myself not in the next few days but yes in the future. And I am not trying to reinvent a wheel here, most of the designs are somewhat simialiar cause thats kinda how it works out when designing a set of these. Not a whole lot of options cause yo can`t get a bunch of unescesary materials in them or you go backwards, Not counting whether you have the equipment to produce any. I will make a few sets of these but not going to worry about being anyones competition.

If you look in a Mod Stock book you do find a few sets and they cost uh, WOW, Fabcraft is the most reasonable is that area but still over 4bills.

Not sure what I wouild ask for a set. Have to build my first real set first, these ones were my experimental ones which I think came out good,

Serious orders or requests could speed up the process too.

when I start buildin these. I will also offer other stuff too, like steering posts and custom front and rear suspension arms. Patients please.

wildcard28

Wildcard please give me a price!!!!

Premium Features