• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skid, what can I do to drop weight

T

Team Wild

Aug 13, 2008
Belgrade, MT
Ok I have attached a pic of my skid. What can I remove from this thing to lighten it up? Can I get rid of some of the wheels?

How long can I make the limiter straps on this thing. I want to get the tunnel out of the snow so I am trying to lower the front so I can jack the back up more. Any help would be great. Thanks

Oh i am getting extensions to make turn this from a 136 to 151. I also have a two wheel kit for the rear.

downsized_1012091835.jpg

W

WAmtnsledr

Jul 12, 2009
what about buying a 151" EZ-Ryde rear skid? save at least 15 or 20 lbs. and it'll perform a lot better than the stock rear skid.

H
Nov 26, 2007
Your moms house
Skid

Best bet would be to ditch all of the idler wheels and run scratchers. Depending on what you are going to do it would be better to buy a set of rails than extensions. If your going 151" then buy 144" rails and do a set back, saves some weight and better attack angle to get sled out of the snow. Don't lengthen your limiters if at all possible, it'll just turn your sled into a wheelie machine. One other mod I have seen is to cut the tunnel and remount the running boards higher to get more snow clearance.
Hope this helps

T

Team Wild

Aug 13, 2008
Belgrade, MT
Thanks for the help. As for an EZ ride, That would be nice but if I wanted to throw that kind of cash I wouldn't do it on this sled. I will look at getting rid of the idlers and find some scratchers. I am also looking at mounting the skid back a bit.

T

Team Wild

Aug 13, 2008
Belgrade, MT
I got a 95 AC Powder special EXT 580....

DSC_0003.jpg
[/IMG]

Premium Features