PDA

View Full Version : 1st. WOMEN OVER THE TOP OF MONSTER!

RIP N TEAR
10-11-2009, 03:02 PM
So who is going to be? There are some great women riders out there, I think it is not out of the question for sure.:beer;

WatchThis!!!
10-11-2009, 03:18 PM
It WILL happen for sure!

Off topic- Who's the youngest to top the monster and on what sled?

RIP N TEAR
10-11-2009, 05:16 PM
I say Stray's Girl friend Tina. That girl can ride. I heard she might be on a twisted cat this year.

RIP N TEAR
10-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Off topic- Who's the youngest to top the monster and on what sled?[/QUOTE]

I think TJ is the youngest over the top of Monster.

acs47x
10-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Im thinkin amber holt will take it

triple Black
10-11-2009, 06:02 PM
All I know is there are a bundle of girls out there checkin out this thread right now!!! I guarantee it will happen in the next couple years, its totaly doable by a few galls out there im sure. We will just have to see who can put the whole program together!! You have no idea what youve started here Paul....haha!!

Sxrlar
10-11-2009, 07:09 PM
After seeing her segment in Sled Heads 5, I put money on Skadi.

CoyoteGirl
10-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Dang dang dang Paul! lol

This past spring I surely expected to see someone try after Micu (sp?) and Frenchie made it up on 2strokes!!!

I know I am not the only one that gets all gooooey inside thinking about that chute! :devil:

Don't know who it'll be but I hope I'm there to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer;

mountainhorse
10-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Show us a pic of that Sukka!!

mountainhorse
10-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Brandy.... lets boost that little 700 and get you over the top!!

Veedy
10-11-2009, 07:55 PM
I think if we can get the marmot (powdercurlgirl) up here and with a little triple black training involved, I'll have my money on her ! maybe a future segment in BOOST 5 !

Skadi
10-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Ohhh man... What a GAWGOUS chutte that is and what fun it would be to top out.... Unfortunetly for me I jsut dn't know that I can get the 860 tuned that well... it would heave to be perfect conditions for me to top out on my 860.. i've tossed around the whle turbo idea but i jsut don't think I understand big Bores enough to step into turbos!! I'm one of those people, that if I don't get it I have a hard time riding it...

Marmo on the other hand... She's had her fun on a few turbos and i KNOW she has some training time coming up this winter! I say we get the marmot up there and Veedy filmin!! Depending on snow conitions SledPiggy and I have an unofficial date to meet up and hit some chutes. i also want to get out with one of the 'old boys' of chute climbing in that area and see if he can't show me some that are 860 sized... 860 and built by a novice!! ;) i ain't claimin to be a bad arse wrencher so she has a LOT of tuning that's needed...

We'll see what happens this year though. there are a TON of women that we don't even know about -like stray *****'s gf? who is this chica. riding a twistd turbo?? Sounds like she' on the sled that can tackle those chutes for SURE!!! can't wait to see what this year brings for SOOOOO many chicks!!

RIP N TEAR
10-11-2009, 09:40 PM
I think I have started something here. Sounds like it is going to be a race to see who will do it first. Little piece of advice, if you go for it be either first or second to hit it, makes it a whole lot easier when you can pic your own line. Oh and one more thing there is a right turn at the top, so you have to slow down for it or you will get yourself in a whole bunch of trouble. Seen alot of guys make it there numours time's and just can't figure out the last right hander. Hope I am there to see it get concord by one of you lady's.:beer;

HighMark Adventures
10-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Dang dang dang Paul! lol

I know I am not the only one that gets all gooooey inside thinking about that chute! :devil:

:beer;

:eek::eek::eek:;):beer;:beer;:rose:

HighMark Adventures
10-11-2009, 11:13 PM
So who is going to be? There are some great women riders out there, I think it is not out of the question for sure.:beer;

Is this a hypothetical question?

rockymountainqueen
10-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Please forgive my ignorance but where is the Monster?

Alberta Boy
10-12-2009, 06:19 AM
Please forgive my ignorance but where is the Monster?

lol... wouldn't you like to know! lol :D do a search and you will find some sweet pics of this chute

sl*dhead6
10-12-2009, 07:31 AM
My Money is on Marmot w/ boost!

drinkwyo
10-12-2009, 07:45 AM
My money is on the first girl that talks one of you boys into letting them borrow your sled for 10 min.. She who borrows the first sled wins. Noooooooooooow, there is a game on.............:D

triple Black
10-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Wow, I cant wait to see how this all plays out! Allot on men travel a long way just to sit at the bottom of the chutes after seeing them. The Galls however are probly way to stuborn and determined for that!!! It will be a massive accomplishment for whoever does!!!

Here she is Girls, the one one the left is Monster

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww32/rmklaird/DSC03623.jpg

EZmoney
10-12-2009, 10:11 AM
i think Marmot is the girl that will do it first, if her cat dont make it i think laird can double her. lol

Oregongirl
10-12-2009, 10:11 AM
I think I just puked a little in my mouth. SCARY!! I'm hear to tell ya it won't be me. LMAO!!!

However.....

I'm firmly in whichever lady's camp is making a run at this one!

PistonBroke
10-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Turbo Apex: $15,000
Diesel: $200
Hotels: $300
Timmy's: $8.95
Horse-sized valium for Pistonbroke: $ ???

Watching sledpiggy go over the top: priceless. :eek::D:D:D

DukeChuteRider
10-12-2009, 10:30 AM
So Ironman never went over Monster?

Wheel House Motorsports
10-12-2009, 03:33 PM
IM 99% certain my girlfriend would try it(the screws in here head need some loctite, i think there all loose!:eek:).. but her sled aint gonna make it... anyone gonna pay me if she cartwheels my sled from top to bottom?

i think we should start some sort of gear/parts pot for the first lady to make it over... filmed, We need to see it... prolly wont happen till the better half of a season but i know there are some ladies that have the "balls" to make it, just not enough power.

Scott
10-12-2009, 04:11 PM
I don't doubt it will happen. Just depends on snoconditions, the sled...and how bad she wants it.

Skadi...860 or not...it should make it. Everyone will remind you that a stock REV 800 did it back about 3 or 4 years ago in spring conditions.

Skadi
10-12-2009, 04:20 PM
There are quite a few ladies that have enough power this season! So I'm bettin it's gonna happen!

Ski-dooin it let's get this GF of yours up some stocker sized chutes! i know those aren't as exciting as the big GNAR up in Revy but hey, not all of us can afford a turbo sled! I've still seen some prett epic chutes pulled on stokc sleds (in fact in this years 509 Bryan Bonnet pulls one of the years most EPIC lines on an M1000... seriously, it was a WILD ride and I can't belive Tom got the footage!)

Anyway, I'd love to see any of the ladies top out! Sledpiggy, Marmot, Brandy on a turbo? Stray *****'s GF? Ski-dooin it's GF on his sled! hahahahaha... Can't wait to see it. I also can't wait to see the double up action. Now DOUBLING up that bad boy would be a RIOT!!! Dang I wish I was one of those little girls that could get really small.... hahahahaha, there is something so much more fun about doubling!! -when you aren't forced to do it cause your sled is broken down that is!

Skadi
10-12-2009, 04:21 PM
I don't doubt it will happen. Just depends on snoconditions, the sled...and how bad she wants it.

Skadi...860 or not...it should make it. Everyone will remind you that a stock REV 800 did it back about 3 or 4 years ago in spring conditions.

ohhh yeah??? chit, now ya got me thinkin!!! Guess I just have to get a trip up ther ein the right conditions... which, when you live 6 hours away, it's a little harder to do... hmmmmm.... it sure would be a good test to my build!!

jaysonfreerider
10-12-2009, 05:02 PM
There sure are alot of gals out there that sure can ride! Its going to be interesting who will be the first!

Anyone got a pic from the bottom looking up?

Bkinz
10-12-2009, 05:08 PM
It WILL happen for sure!

Your lil ski don't wont make it Jay. Now the Dragon on the other hand?:rolleyes:

triple Black
10-12-2009, 06:19 PM
I just have to put these pics up...

Nicole on Turbo Nytro

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww32/rmklaird/DSC02937.jpg

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww32/rmklaird/DSC02847.jpg

Scott
10-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Ya know what I think is funny....I'd bet anything there are dudes reading this thread sitting there thinking...."ain't no way no chick is going to have the peaches to climb something that I won't/can't go up"

LOL

MTdream
10-12-2009, 08:31 PM
My money is on the first girl that talks one of you boys into letting them borrow your sled for 10 min.. She who borrows the first sled wins. Noooooooooooow, there is a game on.............:D

As my southern brethren have said..."That thar has done been did...."

have let Skadi take my little sled for a ride...she took the gnarliest pull of the day off turtle lake...was pretty cool to see...she crested the hill at just over 50 Mph....she has got the skills!!!

IndoubtGASIT
10-12-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm definatly in support of the chick that try's this! I am also down with starting a parts pot for this too! I'll donate to get a chick over the top!:D:beer;

Nads
10-12-2009, 08:42 PM
As is probably the case with a lot of other ladies, I can't afford to replace my sled if/when it decides to roll down 1000m of slope or off the cliff. Yes, sometimes when I'm jumping it'll roll, but it's a calculated risk, and the run-out normally isn't that gnarly. I also can't afford a turbo kit.

That being said, if money wasn't an issue... :eek: I'm sure you'd see a lot more ladies trying. I'm guilty as charged, and usually the first one to be laying claims on outclimbing boys, but it has its limits. If it meant 50/50% of being without a sled for the rest of the season I don't think I'd risk it. Last time my engine blew and I was without sled for a week this spring it was a VERY bad week involving a LOT of Crown Royal.

Mens brains don't work like womens do, but hell, if someone else is footing the bill...

Ryan-41
10-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Does anyone know if a Turboed M7 has ever made it over the top.

RIP N TEAR
10-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Laird I will let Tina ride My sled if let Nicole ride yours. But they have to buy the beer at the end of the day.:)

CoyoteGirl
10-12-2009, 09:09 PM
1-As is probably the case with a lot of other ladies, I can't afford to replace my sled if/when it decides to roll down 1000m of slope or off the cliff.

2-I also can't afford a turbo kit.

3-That being said, if money wasn't an issue... :eek: I'm sure you'd see a lot more ladies trying.

4- Mens brains don't work like womens do, but hell, if someone else is footing the bill...

She has some great points here!

1- yup. I do have insurance, but it'll take a month to get that figured out. And me with out a sled for a month? UH UH!

2 - Turbo really isn't in my pocket change budget either!

3- 110% agree.

4- Thank goodnes and ...someone wanna foot the bill? lol

I don't think the question is whether or not many of these ladies have the skills, steel ovaries, or desire....

Should have been done last year.

It'll be this year. :cool:

You betcha! :beer;

Skadi
10-12-2009, 09:27 PM
As my southern brethren have said..."That thar has done been did...."

have let Skadi take my little sled for a ride...she took the gnarliest pull of the day off turtle lake...was pretty cool to see...she crested the hill at just over 50 Mph....she has got the skills!!!

dang it MT!! now NO ONE will let me 'take their sled for a test run'! ;) Just kiddin... I think I'd have a harder time doing it on someone elses sled... The thought of wrecking my sled really doesn't freak me out too much. yeah, she's built but it's not like she some HUGELY expensive sled or anything. Plus where I live I can switch to dirt and ride the desert!! BUT, that being said i wouldn't take my sled up it unless she were ready... I'm not stupid and if the conditions aren't right or my sled isn't dialed in then it would be a yardsale waiting to happen. i'm sure it's been done on stockers, and i will admit I'm prolly not the rider they were!! So... we'll seee...

Marmo!! did you see you got the green light on lairds sled? well, ok, green light by someone else?!?! you GOTTA tell me when that's going down so i can come cheer you on!!! between mormo and I we can prolly smuggle a lot of lairds fav beer up!! plus i bet just about any other chick would be game to rooting them on and be willing to throw some beer at the cause! i dunno though... yer cat will be MIGHTY jealous!!

isistwinteryet
10-12-2009, 09:31 PM
going to make the trip to revy this winter for the first time to have a look at this thing in person. Its a no brainer that pictures and video do not do justice to any hill and the monster is no excetion. Any one who goes over it has my respect whether its a guy or a girl...that said being the first can only happen once. If im ther ewhen it happens im buying the sodas after.:beer;

Tumblina
10-12-2009, 09:39 PM
I think I just puked a little in my mouth. SCARY!! I'm hear to tell ya it won't be me. LMAO!!!

However.....

I'm firmly in whichever lady's camp is making a run at this one!

Ya....I think I peed a little!!!! :eek:

Not this chick either.....;)

I'll buy the beer for the Sledchick who makes it.....:beer;:beer;:p

Wheel House Motorsports
10-12-2009, 10:00 PM
I think my GF is retarted cuz if we showed up in revy and she got on my sled, she would give it hell, i just like my sled a LOT!! and dont want it to die, and this is all assuming my sled is even gonna work half decent!

i would say by yamafest the snow would be setup enough that its not who has the biggest of the big sleds... something with good mods.. reasonable boost levels(less then 20#) if the one micku boy put a 880 with nitrous over the top them im sure a moderately boosted sled could push it in the right conditions...

when is yamafest?

MTdream
10-12-2009, 10:44 PM
I think my GF is retarted cuz if we showed up in revy and she got on my sled, she would give it hell, i just like my sled a LOT!! and dont want it to die, and this is all assuming my sled is even gonna work half decent!

i would say by yamafest the snow would be setup enough that its not who has the biggest of the big sleds... something with good mods.. reasonable boost levels(less then 20#) if the one micku boy put a 880 with nitrous over the top them im sure a moderately boosted sled could push it in the right conditions...

when is yamafest?

like your sled but call your GF "retarted" ??? Got spell check? :P got to love irony....

you get your boost sled done yet? your a good wrencher...lets take her to a few places in the gallatin, before she takes on Revy...

mountainhorse
10-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Shirley Muldowney says:

YOU....CAN....DO... IT!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-Q8f6bsfI0)

http://www.ugo.com/games/top-races-in-entertainment/images/heartlikeawheelboxart.jpg

mountainhorse
10-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Hey... What about Mini (Amber Holt) on HER Bad Mamba-Jamba of a 2010 Twisted turbo M1000??

Doesn't Amber ride with Davidoff in that area anyway??

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u261/snowstar69/DSC00522.jpg

xrated
10-13-2009, 07:06 AM
we can prolly smuggle a lot of lairds fav beer up!! plus i bet just about any other chick would be game to rooting them on and be willing to throw some beer at the cause! i dunno though... yer cat will be MIGHTY jealous!!-as I recall from this statement, Monster has been crested many times by girls....for crying out loud all those guys like Bud Light Lime:eek: I think they all wear those jerseys to cover the skirts up....but the light American beer being consumed in the lot by our canadian brethren betrays the truth;):beer;

I think Mini has her eyes on a certain Smith Lake Chute in ID this year.

Doc Zoom
10-13-2009, 08:24 AM
This should be exciting! There is a lot of hidden talent out there! I know 15 year old Q-Dog plans on taking it on this year to be the youngest over.
Mountain Mod Mania 7 has tons of footage of Monster this year at both YamaFest and the Big Iron Shoot Out. We covered better than anybody! From the top, bottom and out of the helicopter! Monster chewed up lots of people this year and denied a lot of challengers. Lots of carnage! Ladies, let me know if your interested and I'll make sure to cover it for next years movie!
Maybe we should line up a date for the ladies to attempt it, have a helicopter to pull the sleds out of the chute and plenty of support when needed.

Doc Zoom

Check out MMM7's teaser!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztmBbL1eY2k

http://www.mountainmodmania.com

Wheel House Motorsports
10-13-2009, 08:38 AM
oh man... looks like its on..

MT, were gonna be doin plenty of test climbin down in the gallatin, bring yer boost so we can do some trainin! and in the bridgers, its pretty steep in there!

I also have a bad itch for the smith lake chute!! that thing just calls to me! its huge. and theres some here down in bozeman that i need to hike and check the tops, but im thinkin are possible, and would make the 90* in revy look like a wide open straight shot.

triple Black
10-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Laird I will let Tina ride My sled if let Nicole ride yours. But they have to buy the beer at the end of the day.:)

Haha, Ya actually Im totaly into that idea. Nicole is the only person I would ever lend my sled to do it, just for the fact that I would love to see it happen more than anyone!! My encouragment is available for any girl to come try though! The trouble is I dont know if Nicole would actually be willing to put my sled into that situation. Her own setup would be a different story!! Maybe time will tell.

One thing for sure, if she did ever decide to take a run at Monster it would be a small group. Just enouph people to make it safe. Nobody would probly even find out till Veedy Posted the photage. That way a proper assesment could be done on the climb and the pressure is not the reason for climbing it!

Sounds to me like we could have a couple ladies over the top this year!

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww32/rmklaird/DSC02818.jpg
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww32/rmklaird/DSC02953.jpg

phatty
10-13-2009, 01:41 PM
It WILL happen for sure!

Jay, how old are you this year? There are some chutes in Alpine that are every bit as big and technical...

My money is on Amber Mini Holt. She has the sled for sure this year, and she the talent and previous experience from other chute pulls... Having a helicopter on site to pull out a stuck sled gives you more freedom to try crazy stuff!!!

Good luck ladies! :D

MTdream
10-13-2009, 03:23 PM
oh man... looks like its on..

MT, were gonna be doin plenty of test climbin down in the gallatin, bring yer boost so we can do some trainin! and in the bridgers, its pretty steep in there!

I also have a bad itch for the smith lake chute!! that thing just calls to me! its huge. and theres some here down in bozeman that i need to hike and check the tops, but im thinkin are possible, and would make the 90* in revy look like a wide open straight shot.

careful....this is about the chicas...Bozeman is for beginners ;) just keep telling people that...Most dont know the locales of killer pulls...nice to keep it that way...

JHG
10-13-2009, 03:39 PM
careful....this is about the chicas...Bozeman is for beginners ;) just keep telling people that...Most dont know the locales of killer pulls...nice to keep it that way...

x2.

1MEX
10-13-2009, 06:24 PM
My money is on Amber Mini Holt. She has the sled for sure this year, and she the talent and previous experience from other chute pulls... Having a helicopter on site to pull out a stuck sled gives you more freedom to try crazy stuff!!!

Good luck ladies! :D

X2!! That twisty cat with her skill level should be enough to get her to the top!! GO MINI!!!!:beer;:beer;:D

summit-x
10-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Wow, I cant wait to see how this all plays out! Allot on men travel a long way just to sit at the bottom of the chutes after seeing them. The Galls however are probly way to stuborn and determined for that!!! It will be a massive accomplishment for whoever does!!!

Here she is Girls, the one one the left is Monster

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww32/rmklaird/DSC03623.jpg

what are the name of the other shoots in this pictuere?

summit-x
10-13-2009, 08:00 PM
anyone can go climb the monster chute right???

POONSTALKER
10-13-2009, 08:12 PM
I say Stray's Girl friend Tina. That girl can ride. I heard she might be on a twisted cat this year.

yup.. tina can dangle on a sled!!!!:beer;

up-high
10-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Any one can try. You bet!!

bigbull
10-13-2009, 08:26 PM
While I love my fellow riders, some of whom happen to be very talented chicas for sure, I am going to have to say Mini will be the first to make it up the Monster and it will happen this year. I say this because I have rode with her, I know her attitude. One ride a couple years back about 9 of us were trying to get up a gnarly tree infested root filled climb in Idaho. We all bagged it and went up another way. I started looking around after about 15 minutes of sitting up the top and couldn't find her. She eventually rode up already on the ridge top. She had stayed there by herself and pounded on it and found a route that got her to the top. This happened on a basically stock M7.

And while I know it will scare the chit out of her, she will listen to good instruction from those who have done it, learn from it, and she will Crest the top of Monster. The hardware she will be riding can do it, that is all that was lacking before. I hope to be there to see it and film it. :beer;
BB

STRAYPUSSY
10-14-2009, 01:30 AM
[QUOTE=triple Black;1831874].

Just enouph people to make it safe. Nobody would probly even find out till Veedy Posted the photage. That way a proper assesment could be done on the climb and the pressure is not the reason for climbing it!

Sounds to me like we could have a couple ladies over the top this year!

SP......

This all sounds good to me Mr L.... ill bring along Tina and we can let the gals poke at the Monster all day long!!! im sure a few will make it:D

This year will rock!!!!!!! :D

Xrider
10-14-2009, 07:03 AM
How about the guy that went over on his girlfriends 03.5 Rev (bigger track otherwise stock) in Zooms film. That was funny, lots of big Yammy turbos having all kinds of trouble and he winds his way all the way over.

triple Black
10-14-2009, 09:42 AM
haha, Well sounds cool Stray. Get everyone together for a ride and a view of that puppy anyways hey... Its kinda out of my hands anyway, Im only really talking for her because she is off workin this week and away from internet. Time and conditions will tell....

I heard that if the Marmot sees her shadow there will an accent up Monster and 3 extra weeks of winter!!!:D

triple Black
10-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Summit X the chutes from left to right are Monster, Irmans Arm, Gibbs Gash

snengineer
10-14-2009, 10:31 AM
I don't know Mini but my vote is for her b/c she's a red head...and seems to have financial backing:)

CoyoteGirl
10-14-2009, 12:53 PM
While I love my fellow riders, some of whom happen to be very talented chicas for sure, I am going to have to say Mini will be the first to make it up the Monster
BB

I'd have to second that as it seems she's been on a mission and training for it for the past few years! She'll probably be the first to do it on their own sled. Seems like there's only a handful of women who have sleds that could/would make it out (that we hear about anyhow). Amber, Julie Marquart on her turbo Apex and in the right conditions Emilie on her 860, Amy on her new M8 (turbo'n it right?) and Nicole on the M1000? Any others out there with the sled to do it? I know many who probably have the skill, but not the sled... and I'd think doing it on your sled and in the case of a few one you built would add an extra sense of accomplishment!! :cool:

We were talking about this last night and most of the guys who've done Monster have done so after numerous other chute training days. Has anyone topped out Monster as their first chute? The reason I bring this up is there are so many chutes out there that have been all the buzz (by men) in the past that have worked up to Monster. Google, Threadmaker, those in the airport, those at Turbo, the Bullpen? Have any of these been conquered by ladies yet?

Not trying to discourage anyone from Monster, HECK NO! I wanna see it! :D Just thinking outloud, wondering, pondering... lol MY intent is to ENCOURAGE ENCOURAGE ENCOURAGE! (in case anyone reads this differently!) :cool:

NM
10-14-2009, 04:32 PM
I'd have to second that as it seems she's been on a mission and training for it for the past few years! She'll probably be the first to do it on their own sled. Seems like there's only a handful of women who have sleds that could/would make it out (that we hear about anyhow). Amber, Julie Marquart on her turbo Apex and in the right conditions Emilie on her 860, Amy on her new M8 (turbo'n it right?) and Nicole on the M1000? Any others out there with the sled to do it? I know many who probably have the skill, but not the sled... and I'd think doing it on your sled and in the case of a few one you built would add an extra sense of accomplishment!! :cool:

We were talking about this last night and most of the guys who've done Monster have done so after numerous other chute training days. Has anyone topped out Monster as their first chute? The reason I bring this up is there are so many chutes out there that have been all the buzz (by men) in the past that have worked up to Monster. Google, Threadmaker, those in the airport, those at Turbo, the Bullpen? Have any of these been conquered by ladies yet?

Not trying to discourage anyone from Monster, HECK NO! I wanna see it! :D Just thinking outloud, wondering, pondering... lol MY intent is to ENCOURAGE ENCOURAGE ENCOURAGE! (in case anyone reads this differently!) :cool:
Ahhhh yes...the ole "walk before you can run" thing. The problem with the big long technical chutes is that I'm still not sure if I take a breath from the bottom to the top. Plus the adrenaline is building the whole time your on the throttle.
I agree with you B, it's not as easy as pull up to the bottom and let er rip. I know lot's of guys that said they're going to go rip up some of the chutes you mentioned, but when they pull up to the bottom and look waaaaay up, they just couldn't do it. My theory is that if you actually like someone who's going to try it, then give them an out. That way you won't feel so bad when they crash because they feel they got pressured in to it.:eek::face-icon-small-hap
I can't wait to see some girls try it though.:beer;

PowderGirl
10-14-2009, 05:05 PM
HOLY MOLY!!!!! Nice chute!

I'd just love to see more ladies pulling chutes and climbs half that difficult and risky! Gonna be a good year for ladies with all this egging on!!!! Let's make some strides girls!

Frenchie
10-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Has anyone topped out Monster as their first chute?

Funny you asked and I have to say my buddy GSP did it May 8th 2009, but it was his second time in a chute (close enough!) He warmed himself up on the Airport chute and pulled the Monster minutes later on his stock 154" XP. He's the best "novice" mountain rider I've seen, it was only his first week in the rockies (he's from Quebec city). I think that not really knowing what he was into was a big part of it though, he did not think it was that bad until he got at the top??! Only after looking down from the top he realized what he accomplished :eek:

Rene St Onge, GSP and Geoff Kyle
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm131/filpatry/GSPGeoffKyle.jpg

GSP smoking the chute, I couldn't believe it!
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm131/filpatry/GSPTopmonster.jpg

ripitup
10-14-2009, 06:20 PM
All I've got to say is " LETS RIDE LADIES.........

TIM
10-14-2009, 06:21 PM
I am sure there is some ladies out there that can do it. Go for it girls.

happylilcuss
10-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Wow thats pretty awesome GSP is into riding. I knew I liked his style! That would be a pretty fun day of riding GSP, Rene, Geoff Kyle yahoo!! I dont think there is any doubt that it will be topped out this year. Get it on ladies you girls rock!

Comp 670
10-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Mini or Marmot would be my guess as who will be the first woman to pull it off. There are MANY other women who could do it also but those two seem to be riding all out all the time.

POONSTALKER
10-14-2009, 09:29 PM
How about the guy that went over on his girlfriends 03.5 Rev (bigger track otherwise stock) in Zooms film. That was funny, lots of big Yammy turbos having all kinds of trouble and he winds his way all the way over.

the hill was a highway!!! turbos were hittin it too fast and couldnt make the corner at the top.... speed is not always the answer...:beer;

Kootenay-Stomper
10-14-2009, 09:56 PM
We just need some polairs touch to the hill!!:D

product tester
10-15-2009, 07:27 AM
We just need some polairs touch to the hill!!:D

:D great minds think alike.

Funoutfitters.com
10-15-2009, 07:48 AM
All I've got to say is " LETS RIDE LADIES.........

:D

Melissa
Funoutfitters.Com (http://www.funoutfitters.com)

bigbull
10-15-2009, 01:19 PM

There are three other ladies I think can do it skillwise, one is Marmot because HP does not seem to bother her and she has mad skills. Give her an M series sled type chassis with around 250HP and she is up and over in anything but the deepest conditions. Having a boyfriend who already has been there and done that doesn't hurt either. The other is Skadi, where the 860 is lacking, she makes up for in strength and finesse. Add a little 40HP shot of NOS to the equation and at least in the firmer conditions it will happen. And the last is you Coyote Girl. You boondock exceptionally well compared to any man or woman, your tough when needed in the face of ugly, you handle your sled like a master at work. So I am thinking a little chute training on the right sled, and you are there. Well, maybe a really nice bottle of wine at the top might not hurt your motivation http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_204.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUfox000)

PowderGirl
10-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Haha I'll donate that bottle wine for Brandy to reach at the top!!!

Summitseeker
10-15-2009, 02:10 PM
what are the name of the other shoots in this pictuere?

I stole this picture last year. Has the names of the other chutes.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/summitseeker/monsterscopy.jpg

Is the middle one called Gibb's Gash? Not sue where that is but I know Paul did some crazy chute there last year.

Spiced Wafer
10-15-2009, 02:23 PM
skadi is my guess...

i don't think mini would do it because it isn't up trestle were she rides every weekend. not trying to be mean.

whoever does it, and has done it...cuddos to you!

summit-x
10-15-2009, 03:09 PM

Is the middle one called Gibb's Gash? Not sue where that is but I know Paul did some crazy chute there last year.

tripple black said middle ones called irmens arm, named after the famous mike irmen from ilpine motor sports salmon arm bc. and the one on the right is gibbs gash name after paul gibbs one of the alpine boys

summit-x
10-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Summit X the chutes from left to right are Monster, Irmans Arm, Gibbs Gash

thanks tripple black so are those chutes located in revelstoke right? down in what they call sugar bowl?

POONSTALKER
10-15-2009, 03:25 PM
thanks tripple black so are those chutes located in revelstoke right? down in what they call sugar bowl?

yup revy, not the sugar bowl, the monster bowl..its kinda behind the airport:beer;

summit-x
10-15-2009, 03:33 PM
pretty close to town? is it hard to get to?

POONSTALKER
10-15-2009, 03:53 PM
pretty close to town? is it hard to get to?

its on boulder..not too hard to find.

triple Black
10-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Ya exactly, kinda behind the airport. You could ride along the top of it for years and not even know there is a Monster bowl..... Ive been riding revy my whole life and I didnt even know it was there till Fuji showed us 4 years ago! When he showed us I remember thinking he was insane!!! haha, that was when I was on my 900poo though too....

bigbull
10-15-2009, 06:46 PM
No kiddin Laird, I think I rode there 3 years before I ever even thought about looking down in there. Rode up to the drop area from the airport, looked at it, and then never went down. :eek:
BB

bigbull
10-15-2009, 06:48 PM
skadi is my guess...

i don't think mini would do it because it isn't up trestle were she rides every weekend. not trying to be mean.

whoever does it, and has done it...cuddos to you!

True they love Trestle, but it is not the only place she rides. BC too. I would guess with the new hardware comes new places to ride as well.
BB

triple Black
10-15-2009, 11:46 PM
I have personaly rode with Amber and Budd on Turtle Mnt in Revelstoke. I remember dad I and being very impressed with riding with the both of them, that was the fist weekend I mett Red Dog. Red Dog actually really introduced me to the whole American crew, even Nicole in a way.

summit-x
10-16-2009, 07:47 PM
is there a trail that goes by it by anychance and is hard to miss? how many miles from airport you think? and is it a pretty hard drop into? thanks everyone.

Red Dog
10-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Wow just found this thread,how intresting. I have had the Pleasure of riding with most of these Ladies mentioned and all have great riding skills(finese,athletic abbitlities,courage and determination). Like Neil has said it's up to them in their M.O. if they want to challenge the chutes, If you make this a big pressure deal it's no fun. I'll put on my cheerleading outfit and bring Chips for support.Cheers Red Dog.:beer;:beer;

Comp 670
10-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Red Dog in a cheerleading outfit??? More people will prob go to see that then the chute being pulled!!:eek::eek:

Tuesday
10-17-2009, 10:24 PM
I have been into the airport many times but never into monster. I think this coordinate gives superbowl?

+51 00 48 -118 22 50

Plug that in google maps, airport is just off to the side and then monster is next to that? I am sure someone more adept at google maps can post the point. Make sure to toggle on satellite image not maps. Still its disorienting without all the snow.

Which lake is that on the map? Is that the large lake below turbo?

I need to run SPOT into a few of these places so I can get my bearings on google maps.

RIP N TEAR
10-18-2009, 03:10 PM
There is a lake at the bottom of Monster bowl.

Cpt.Ron
10-18-2009, 04:59 PM
The coordinates for Monster Bowl are, 51 00' 36.32" N By 118 23' 36.90 W, this is in the gut of the Monster...

CR

10-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Easy way to find it is from the top
Go just past Sugarbowl and bear right for a KM or so and you will come to a ridge line
You probably bump into the bowl around the top of McLarens mile, follow round the top (left) and you come to Monster, Irmens arm and then Gibbs Gash

The little black dot's at the bottom are sleds lined up to take a poke
Oh, btw, that's not the way in

Pinner
10-19-2009, 09:17 AM
As per Capt. Ron's coordinates, Just trying out Vista's snipping tool, you can draw on it too.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f153/COLT777/Capture.jpg

cowboysedge
10-19-2009, 09:50 AM
I think there are alot of talented ladies out there that could give the Monster one he!! of a shot, PowderGirl, CoyoteGirl, Skadi, Marmot, even my wife Cowgirl151!

But I would have to say equipment is half the battle, so Kudos to the ladies sporting their own HP!!! Mini, Julie, & Sled Piggy!

My money would have to be on 1 of the 3 ladies, but I won't say any names! LOL!!!;)

Vertical-Extreme
10-19-2009, 10:01 AM

Here are some google images of some climbs on Boulder Mountain

CoyoteGirl
10-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Funny you asked and I have to say my buddy GSP did it May 8th 2009, but it was his second time in a chute (close enough!)

THAT'S RIGHT! I forgot about that! CRAZY CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And deserves MANY thumbs up! :beer;

[B] And the last is you Coyote Girl.

Thanks. I'm giggling... :o but thanks! ;)

I have to say, it was pretty exciting to have people talking about this subject this past weekend at Puyallup!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

GO LADIES!! GO LADIES!! :D

Scott
10-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Who is GSP? Just asking.

BossRev
10-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Who is GSP? Just asking.

I was wondering the same thing. I assumed he was talking about George St-Pierre. but the picture doesn't look much like him. then again I have only seen him in the cage....

Pinner
10-19-2009, 04:22 PM
This must be GSP... No experience needed... All I got to say is good luck. :eek:

Just imagine if this guy had a couple days experience...

Funny you asked and I have to say my buddy GSP did it May 8th 2009, but it was his second time in a chute (close enough!) He warmed himself up on the Airport chute and pulled the Monster minutes later on his stock 154" XP. He's the best "novice" mountain rider I've seen, it was only his first week in the rockies (he's from Quebec city). I think that not really knowing what he was into was a big part of it though, he did not think it was that bad until he got at the top??! Only after looking down from the top he realized what he accomplished :eek:

Rene St Onge, GSP and Geoff Kyle
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm131/filpatry/GSPGeoffKyle.jpg

GSP smoking the chute, I couldn't believe it!
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm131/filpatry/GSPTopmonster.jpg

HighMark Adventures
10-19-2009, 10:47 PM

Ya you stole it from me. LOL I put that up just after Gibbs did the Gash. Right after hedid it he originally wanted to call it Despair (its from a saying something like ripntear with no despair) but ended calling it gibbs gash. Irmens arm was still a virgin at time of pic.

Frenchie
10-19-2009, 10:57 PM
I assumed he was talking about George St-Pierre. but the picture doesn't look much like him. then again I have only seen him in the cage....

Damn... Good eye! His real name is Steve.
We named him GSP because they actually trained in the same gym for a while, they look alike (well more than you think I guess??) and he's very ballzy (As Rene would say he's got more of that than brains anyway :rolleyes:).

Spur
10-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Monster was the first chute my good friend CN ever climbed. He was on a 1995 580 Powder Special.

He didn't actually climb the chute, the minute he hit the bottom the chute came down to him.

As far as I know he is the only guy that has ever climb Monster for his first climb ever.

KrazyCanadian
10-20-2009, 09:19 PM
There's a lady from Alberta,,, AMY,,, she can do it... Tina with her Skidoo on Nitros this season can do it, and Amber with her Twisted Turbos Sled will do it for sure.... Who's first... I know all three of these lady's have the skill and sleds to do it... I'm hoping to get the three of them together this winter.. They'll feed off each other.. like the guys do at the Big Iron Shootout...

summit-x
10-24-2009, 03:00 PM
i think that chris burandt should come down to the monster bowl and climb monster or gibbs gash, or irmens arm, or even all 3 of them:beer;

summit-x
10-29-2009, 09:57 AM
ttt

CoyoteGirl
11-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Should have been done last year.

It'll be this year. :cool:

You betcha! :beer;

Well stink... I was wrong! LOL :laugh:

Veedy
11-19-2010, 07:55 PM
There's a little lady on a pink Tnytro, who is in the same family tree as triple black..... and she's got skillzzzz.. :D right Render ?? hehehe..

Cpt.Ron
11-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Veedy, ...I was kinda wondering when that news would come out.....hehehehehehee!!!

Skadi
11-22-2010, 06:40 PM
While I can't read everything I was able to get the just of what's going on on this thread again... funny to revisit it after the season and all hte talkin that went on last year!

I'd like to officially say there should be NUTHING from stopping ANY of you gals who want to try it from trying it!!! I poked at her and was unable to tame the trenches and heavy wet snow... booo-hooo... but I also didn't wreck and I gave it my best! If anyone wants to make a go at it get the right crew together and go in there and try it by golly!

this year... If i'm up there and it's not a trenched out nightmare AND I'm runnin race gas in the Pro (after I get her turboed of course) you better believe I'll make another poke at her! But, it's also not as scary now that I've gone up and turned out in her so the focus and drive is gone a little bit... Probably wouldn't spend a whole trip up there just to try to get that chute... Others, yeah, for SURE but it seems like I always end up over in the Turtle area when I'm there and am never over on the Monster side of things...

Anyway, can't wait to see some ladies in some chutes this year! I KNOW Amy Enns will be RIPPIN up some on her TM8 and I've heard some super sneaky rumors that Tina is HUNGRY!! Gonna be a FUUUUUN season ladies!!! Can't wait to see many of you out on the snow!

Skadi
11-22-2010, 06:42 PM
oh, and SHAMLESS plug for SledBetties film Rise!! If you want to see the footy of my attempts at Monster it's in Rise! www.sledbetties.com

;) hehehehhehe shameless, i know! ;)