• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Hawk 500 Race Edition?

H
Oct 8, 2009
Minnesota
Has anyone ever heard of a race edition 503 from the factory? Supposedly has high compression heads, different suspension, larger belt etc...? Any input or advise would be appreciated.

H
Oct 8, 2009
Minnesota
I think I answered my own question. I just talked to Mike @ AD. BOIVIN and he verified that there was a model of the 503 that came with the updated ski and torque limiter system. Nothing about cyl head upgrades or suspension though.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Steve works for KTM as a rep now.

steveracing.jpg

Why he did'nt harp on them, I don't know, probably to keep his job.
I used to live with Jason Daughners here, Team Washington Six Days rider, now the NW KTM rep and fast as hell, won the Desert 100 a few years ago with a 450 he assembled the night before. We Washington riders bug him all the time, for a while heard he and Lance Smail were going to bike kit it, no further news.

http://www.snowhawkracing.com/
hawk01.jpg
Here's how they looked in 04', just the torque limiter belt setup, and optional gas resivior Fox shocks, nothing more.

Some racers I heard tried the 440 liquid swap, thought the 600HO was too heavy up high.

You don't let up do ya Scott, better give out your phone # in your signitaure like I do, you're in D E E P!

Last edited:
H
Oct 8, 2009
Minnesota
Fuel Tank Questions. 3 different tanks?

So. Through more research I have found a few different findings with fuel tanks. I have found the extended range tank that is on the 600 that you can get for the 503.
I have found a small tank that extends back shortly under the seat and I have found a very small, lets call it the peanut, tank. Does anyone have a photo of all 3 or 3 photos to illustrate these? I am trying to figure out why I have the tiny tank in mine and if the tank size differentiates a different type of Hawk.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
503 came stock with "peanut", 4.5 gallons i think? 600 came with 9 gallon,which many 503 owners upgraded too. then the big 12 gallon tanker came out. goes all the way to the rear fender and has a filll cap on top of the rear fender. i think rude has pics of the 12 gal under rudes build thread

Premium Features