• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Received Recall Notice Today

L
Models Affected:
2009 MX-Z X, MX-Z Adrenaline, MX-Z Renegade and X, Summit Everest and X

Voluntary Recall for:
DPM solenoid valve may be stuck by corrosion. If this occurs, the engine will run rich in warm temperature conditions and may be emitting pollutants in excess of the Federal emissions standards.

Action Required:
1/2 hour of shop time by dealer and they will:
remove solenoid from DPM manifold
Apply solvent on solenoid valve tip and both side openings.
Remove excess with a clean paper (pretty detailed huh)
Activate the solenoid to confirm functionality
reinstall solenoid on DPM manifold

Anyone else receive this yet? (And more importantly did anyone from north of the border receive this?) I have a hunch the real issue is the environment, but running rich means less power, so I am listening. Hopefully will have the sled back together in a couple weeks to take it in.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Just scanned Bossweb and checked out the new "What's News" mentions nothing, stay tuned.....and for those that do not/can't bring their sleds into dealerships for this......it's pretty easy to do yourself.

Union Pass DOO

Premium Member
Dec 6, 2007
Wyo
We had that problem last year it is easy to do , just like dave said WD-40. I"m surprised it didn"t come out last year.

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
Got my letter the other day. Where is this guy located and how much of the sled do you have to take apart to get there?

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
the fix
images

N

nerzger33

Feb 22, 2008
dealer just did this to my 09 and he even told me all they do is shoot some wd-40 on there

R

Rotaris

Dec 1, 2007
I would think that some 0-ring grease would be the ticket....not wd???:rolleyes:

Premium Features