• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Value of an '04 600?

S
Jan 22, 2008
Anyone give me any thoughts on what a 2004 600 Hawk is worth?
136 Track w/ traction studs and 200 miles on it
Motor (top and bottom/crank) redone with 200 mi.
Custom gas rack on back (tailight intact) with 2- 1.5 gal. cans
New Cycra handguards, handwarmers.
Good condition w/ a new trail ski kit (carbides and wings)

BC

D
Feb 9, 2009
prince george B.C.
I'd say somewhere in between 45 and 65 hunnert US depending on the condition.
Do you have pics ?

err I dont know about that there is one here that has been priced at 6 for 3 years and I dont think it will sell(the 6 at howies marine),I see them (600) sell for 4 around here.. it is worth what someone will pay.advertiseing it at over 5 I think will have you sitting on it all winter.but I see 503's advertised at 4+ (dont think there selling for that though)..thats just what I notice around central bc and alberta.if your going to sell, get it gone before febuary as you wont get much after that.good luck with the sale though,I have taken some big losses getting ride of things I just want gone lately and it definetly affects what I am willing to pay for things.but tlkd's priceing is what ANY dealer will be asking ($6000)and tradeing it in will probably get you 3

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
That's too bad.

How many folks are waiting for a price drop so it is worth taking the big scarry chance. Will they buy a new carry over Nitro for nine , or an XP since it seems such a value and a sure bet for what?

That the Twoski will then be a used $5,599.99 machine right allong with the other masses when their bored. At least then the fellow can be proud to know that used Snow Hawk/sled dealer will trade strait accross for that nine thousand dollar mistake they made.

A few of the riders here payed a whole lot more than six, and they might be thinking why is it still available. If you are a rider with no sled at all or one you've worn thin then take a chance, the prices you are seeing are the current value, how many are available world wide?

Im glad you watchers are keeping tabs on the few machines out there for the reader if you could please drop by and snap a photo then we could secure our suspicions that it is a like new bird, wow!

http://www.youtube.com/user/crazymccurdy#p/u/1/lNTGg30LErM

When was the last year new snowmobiles were below 6K, 1996?:face-icon-small-hap

B
Nov 28, 2007
I agree. My friend tried to sell his 503 to me for 1500 and I turned it down. I know that this market keeps us hunkered down and we doubt to much. If what you say is true, I'd say 5 or 5500 is fair. Rings are a big deal on the 04's. So is the pipes welds.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Her's your chance guys!

His name is Joe Nicholson?sp, machine is near Modesto Cali., he's a damn good rider and keeps antagoniing Bee with the threat of selling it.
He bought a new Ski-Doo XP800 two years ago and while Bee's 6 was down with ars end holes he offered it to him so they could ride together.

Half way through the day he traded machines to try the old Oneski, never gave it back!!

The XP was sold long ago, he just keeps threatening his only riding buddy to scare him. Now they have a bike conversion fellow in the Mt. Shasta area to share with.

I offered to bring it back from down south last summer on the Pete I was driving here but the potential lurkers wanted to see it in person first.

His Craigslist adds have varied from $3,400.00 to 4,200, and its in great shape with multi collored grafix on the side flaps.

510-593-8077
408-455-2951
408-335-8350
Im sure he has a few other #'s but I can't find them, hit him up with a $2,500.00 offer, bet he ignores you. He just want's to see if BEE will pay him to ride, if B will actually make time away from his bad habit of WORKING!:face-icon-small-hap

MGS4%20Beast%20Crying%20Wolf.jpg

D
Feb 9, 2009
prince george B.C.
some one really should have jumped on that 503 in alberta with the extra race head,that had a few rides on it,4000 last winter 3000 spring and summer,4000 a month or 2 ago ,now its at a dealer for 45 in alberta.probably sell now though as it is now appropriatly priced :) ...is that the correct thinking

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Sure.

some one really should have jumped on that 503 in alberta with the extra race head,that had a few rides on it,4000 last winter 3000 spring and summer,4000 a month or 2 ago ,now its at a dealer for 45 in alberta.probably sell now though as it is now appropriatly priced :) ...is that the correct thinking

How many machines can be found for sale at any price within reasonable driving distance?

After finding none/0/nada but a few JR60''s at Haydays Bud and Keith the "PIG FARMER" snapped up the two new ones left in Wis. for 5K each, that's two in the stable for the farmer, and number nine for ol BUD!

I had been pushing a guy on the telly two hours from them to buy the 05' just before, he bagged out and did the Nitro story I told, tried to negotiate the Hawk over the phone with the dealer but he was not happy when the dealer informed him another party was interested, he called their bluff, it wasn't. Keith's taking him to Hawk Fest I hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqUTd2TKdGU

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
I'd say it's worth about $4k from what I've found. I had known about the 2 new 600's in WI for $5K each and probably should have acted. Finally someone grabed them at what was a great price. The unfortunate or fortunate reality, depending on your perspective, is that at this moment, the dealers that have been sitting on any new hawks are also sitting on truck loads of other stuff as well, and they're desperate to convert inventory into cash. I would guess that prices will start to rise next year after the last of the new ones are finally sold. There are still at least 3 new 600's in Canada at dealers where you could have them for around $6k.

I just bought what was probably the very last unsold, never even prepped, '03' 500 from RER motor city in CT for a mere $3,100. It's now been prepped and run, so Tony probably has the last unprepped one in existance now.

Think of the Honda Pilot FL400R. In 1990 it was MSRP $5,999. As of 1993 you could buy them new in the box for $4,000. Now a beater is worth $4k and a "new in the box" one would be worth close to $10K. The yamaha Snoscoot and Snowsport, Honda ZB50 (2 year of production, only imported to USA 1 year) have had similar circumstances.

My advice - Don't sell it.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Jaime never knew what he almost lost.

You made the right choice not flipping the eleven kay for his new 8Hunnert, unless you bought both?

Now show me where a JR120 Hawk is, I think ADB maybe hand built ten, eleven, man some fortunate kids.

You gona organize an East coast Oneski Fest or drive the bus for all the short kids to Utah 2010?

snow-bus.jpg

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
Tony, I lost my mind and bought them both. Now I hope I don't lose my wife as a result.

I paid less than that, but why do you say that about the 800rd? Is it because I could have 2 600rds for the same price? I struggled with that issue myself and am still second guessing myself.

Yes, I'd like to have Hawkfest in a more eastern location for 2011. I'm willing to help organize.

B
Nov 28, 2007
Joe don't work that way. This will be his only sled this year. I just called him .( He was busy fishin with his neighbor that treats him poorly.) He said he will only ride on pow days. , cause he hasnt fig'd out how to ride the trails.

Premium Features