• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch noise?

K
Oct 16, 2008
Northern BC
Got an 01 MZX. At Idle there is some sort of deiseling, or clacking noise, and it seems to be coming from the primary clutch. Once the clutch engages the sound goes away. I thought the buttons may be loose and rattleing, but I changed them last spring, and the sound remained? I like to tinker, but am not too framiliar with these clutches.
Any ideas would be appreciated!
Kvfrider

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I think that all the tra3 had that noise nothing to be concerned about it won't hurt anything.

R

rhino

Nov 26, 2007
Greenwater WA
did you change the spings along with the sliders? if not try that as well. i had the same issue and it helped mine. springs, slider shoes, o-rings.

P

PTE800

Jan 9, 2006
Mine does it also and I've come to the conclusion that it is the splines on the end of the clutch that over time begin to wear and cause a little more noise. I don't think that it will hurt much because mine has done it for 1500 miles or so and nothing bad has happened. I also changed the buttons and not much changed....

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Like Rhino said you can replace the springs for the sliders but this will only work for a little while and then it will start again, so I say don't worry about it.

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
My sled did this till yesterday :face-icon-small-hap It is your rubber bushings behind your rollers go to home depot ab=nd in the plumbing section right next to the sink parts there will be rubber gaskets I think they are 9/17

pull the springs behing the buttons

pull the springs behind the buttons and put them in your used spring box
not needed if you keep your buttons and orings in good shape just three more areas of higher friction with them in
I believe the new skidoo clutches left them out
just an opinion

Premium Features