• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boot inspection

I'm working through my checklist of of pre-season maintenance on my '04 Summit X, and one of the items is the boots. They seem okay at first glance, but how can I tell for sure? I've read that they de-laminate, but is that on the outside, or inside, and do I need to rip it all apart to verify?
Sorry for the dumb Q......but the Farmer's almanac calls for a cold long winter, and I want to be prepared :)

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
I'm working through my checklist of of pre-season maintenance on my '04 Summit X, and one of the items is the boots. They seem okay at first glance, but how can I tell for sure? I've read that they de-laminate, but is that on the outside, or inside, and do I need to rip it all apart to verify?
Sorry for the dumb Q......but the Farmer's almanac calls for a cold long winter, and I want to be prepared :)

If they are delaming you will know it right away. there is a metal frame covered by rubber.....you will see it peeling away.

Nother way is cover the square end good with your hand and blow into the round hole. NO air should be getting through.

M
Oct 7, 2009
rev boots

had a 2005 800ho boots pulled apart so bad you could see the reeds!good test is spray carb clean near boots will idle up high if leaking.i recomend vforce 3 reeds they will come with new boots also.

Premium Features