• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skid Setup, Track Shock and spring

M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
The track shocks on my 05 900 RMK were blown last season.
I picked up a complete set of WE take-offs from an 09 Dragon, a 225lb spring and the heavy duty torsion springs last February or March.

The ride in was amazing over a pretty rough trail but I have almost no traction on a hard pack incline so something isn't set-up properly. I was riding up an easy trail on hardpack and slowed down to wait for my brother. When I tried to get going the track just spun and I started sliding back. I don't trust it to climb now.

I thought it might be the torsion springs but completely forgot that I didn't account for the new shocks and spring combo.

Any thoughts?

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
how is the steering effort? how much sag is there when you sit on it?

it may have a bit too much nose weight if the rear springs are too stiff or not broken in yet. keeping the back of the sled too high and limiting weight transfer.

i had this problem with my timbersled rear suspension i was running way too much pressure in my rear shock causing it to put nose weight on the sled making the front dig and spinning the track a lot.

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Snohomish-Plain, Washington
I noticed this too last spring; albeit-09 D8, with heavy torsion and rebuilt front track shock.
I thought it was the track, because the sled went good in the powder? Did notice that it cut a deep trench though; thought it was funny cause no one could follow me:D

Premium Features