• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who makes a big bore for a 2001 summit

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
I have a 2001 summit 700, I am thinking about going to a big bore. Who out there makes on for this sled. thanks

T
Nov 28, 2007
Midwest
I have run one of these so-called Kits and I spent more time rebuilding the motor than I did riding it. If you are good with tuning constantly go for it. I would spend the 2500-3500 upgrading to a newer sled. Or doing a few upgrades to lighten up the old girl. Honestly after all of the hassles I went through on my motor, I almost left the sport. Very discouraging. They all try to tell you the motor is "Trail" friendly until you call them back with a smoked motor. Then they say, "well what did you think" "this isn't a trail motor". I guess common sense should have kicked in. A trail motor shouldn't require 50/50 fuel at 10k feet. Oh well water under the bridge......

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
thanks for the input, I might just keep it the way it is. Its ported, bored carbs and twin pipes. It will keep up with my buddys 800 dragon with no problem until he hits the nitrous. As for getting a newer sled that is out of the question, I came off of a rev and it was hard to ride. This zx chassis is probably the easiest sled to ride, she might be a little heavy but it sure is easy to side hill. Heck I dont even need a left hand throttle like I did on my other sleds.

thanks for the advice on the big bore.

Premium Features