• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What gas gauge did everyone go to?

S
Dec 27, 2007
Aberdeen, SD
Alot of these gauges were showing low fuel way too soon. My 06 was like this from new. When I had the fuel tank replacement done it was way more accurate. Alot of the problem had to do with the float arm in the tank.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Alot of these gauges were showing low fuel way too soon. My 06 was like this from new. When I had the fuel tank replacement done it was way more accurate. Alot of the problem had to do with the float arm in the tank.

That's good to know.

When I was messing with mine a month ago it was pretty low and after running it for a while it would start to blink low fuel. I siphoned the fuel out to replace with fresh and it still had about a gallon and a half at that point, so I am pretty happy with the way mine reads.:)

S
Dec 27, 2007
Aberdeen, SD
That's good to know.

When I was messing with mine a month ago it was pretty low and after running it for a while it would start to blink low fuel. I siphoned the fuel out to replace with fresh and it still had about a gallon and a half at that point, so I am pretty happy with the way mine reads.:)
It sounds like yours is good. My original would start blinking low at anything below half a tank. My dealer said poo wasn't doing anything about this. I was going to go mechanical (08 dragon), but then the tank replacement fixed the problem.

R
Dec 17, 2006
Mine goes down two bars then it goes right to empty and starts flashing who has the best prices for one of these gauges? where to get one?

Last edited:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Dealer is fastest ..Babbits is good..when your buddy's not lookin is cheapest.Good to have a "backup" somedays also.

My buddy still hasn't noticed I ran his cap all last season.:D Doesnt matter when the 9 is thristy its time to hit the gerry cans or the trailer anyway

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Ride the sled enough, you should get a feel of how many miles you have till empty....

P
Oct 28, 2008
stony plain,alberta
My fuel guage is working fine but I was wondering if I put the gas cap/guage off of a 08 on my sled will it wreck the electronic guage? Idont think it will hit anything in the tank and wreck it, will it? Thanks!

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
My fuel guage is working fine but I was wondering if I put the gas cap/guage off of a 08 on my sled will it wreck the electronic guage? Idont think it will hit anything in the tank and wreck it, will it? Thanks!

No you wont have any problem.

H
Oct 7, 2008
I wonder if the problem of breaking the bobber and steel guides off still applies. My old cross country race sleds used to have a few of them tumbling around in the bottom of the tank. Used to get a coupple of races then now gauge,

Premium Features